Tale of the Tiger numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tale of the Tiger numbers

Own up. Who voted for Tivendale over Bill Wilson who won a B & F and represented Victoria 10 times?

YinnarTiger said:
I'm old enough to remember Teddy Langridge, a tough nut running around in number 28.

Not as far back, but I remember Andy Preston & Peter Czerkaski in 28 as well.

33 a no brainer, Knights wins, as Cloke is now a flog.

bigwow said:

Agree.

Get ready for the Beano furore next. 50 games minimum should be reduced to 2. :hihi

bigwow said:
Not as far back, but I remember Andy Preston & Peter Czerkaski in 28 as well.

Not a no brainer for me. Clokey will always be a hero of mine. Cloke and Roach were a briliant combo. His deeds in finals and flags, 1980 in particular, as player and intimidator were tremendous. That choice is a tough one for me.

I picked Cloke too he was very good in big Finals.I still remember how Cloke used to stick his butt out when going for an overhead mark and the defender could not get near the ball.

casper68 said:
I picked Cloke too he was very good in big Finals.I still remember how Cloke used to stick his butt out when going for an overhead mark and the defender could not get near the ball.

Certainly made good use of that arse.
Rumour has it that KB use to park his push bike there.

Tough call. Knighter was a champ, but Cloke was a Premiership player (and a pretty good one at that).

Went for Knights though. Loved him.

Midsy said:
If it was done seriously by everyone, it would be 100% to FB.

You can't really think Freezer was better than him, can you?

This takes the cake. This is the stupidest thing I've ever read ever. Anywhere. Tony Free. Over an AFL legend. Farce.

They skipped from 33 to 35. Where's 34?....Hoggy, Hoggy, Hoggy, Oi, Oi, Oi. I suppose after just 2 games still makes it a Beano furore!! :hihi

TigerForce said:
They skipped from 33 to 35. Where's 34?....Hoggy, Hoggy, Hoggy, Oi, Oi, Oi. I suppose after just 2 games still makes it a Beano furore!! :hihi

McBean being the best 34 is written into scripture....no need for a poll.

TigerForce said:

I probably would have gone for Graeme Landy.

bigwow said:
I probably would have gone for Graeme Landy.

I think the reason they haven't shown #34 is that in the stats, Hogg played 144 games and Landy 120 games, with the next being Mark Graham (!!) with 20 games. All the rest have played less than 20 games under #34 (!!!) Very strange. Is it a chance for Beano to make it his own or is it a curse.... ;D

Number 36 might be missed out also, as only Ty Zantuck played more than 50 games.

TigerForce said:
I think the reason they haven't shown #34 is that in the stats, Hogg played 144 games and Landy 120 games, with the next being Mark Graham (!!) with 20 games. All the rest have played less than 20 games under #34 (!!!) Very strange. Is it a chance for Beano to make it his own or is it a curse.... ;D

Number 36 might be missed out also, as only Ty Zantuck played more than 50 games.

You're spot on TigerForce - there's only a few more votes to be had because the numbers to have played over 50 games in the guernseys is starting to get low - some two, some one, some none at all. Tomorrow we might see the first 100% vote in No. 37...