Tale of the Tiger numbers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tale of the Tiger numbers

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Anyone following this?
30 today. Couple of whipping boys in there. Conca and Tambling.
Tambling even got some votes. Come on, own up? Who thinks RT was a better footballer than Francis Bourke?

23.21.159 said:
Anyone following this?
30 today. Couple of whipping boys in there. Conca and Tambling.
Tambling even got some votes. Come on, own up? Who thinks RT was a better footballer than Francis Bourke?

Saw it today and it's obvious Francis would get the huge majority, but I was surprised that Freezer only had 3%. Should be more.

TigerForce said:
Saw it today and it's obvious Francis would get the huge majority, but I was surprised that Freezer only had 3%. Should be more.

If it was done seriously by everyone, it would be 100% to FB.

You can't really think Freezer was better than him, can you?

300 games, captain, multiple Premiership player, nominated for the VFL/AFL team of the century in 2 positions, member of our mot famous ever line. How could it be anybody other than Bourke for #30?

I'm sure that there arepeople that just vote for the name that they recognise, not bothering to read the background of each player and their achievements. Then again, some people might just be taking the p!ss.

That said - There is only one St. Francis. A true great of the game.

True.
Who could forget a bloodied Francis , with a broken leg inspiring us to a famous win at Arden St ? Can't remember the year?

Only one #30

Midsy said:
If it was done seriously by everyone, it would be 100% to FB.

You can't really think Freezer was better than him, can you?

That's the point. It's just a poll that no-one takes seriously. We all know Bourke was the best but IMO Freezer should have more than just 3%.

Have a look at today's number 31 with Vloss who's only played 61 games as the leader at 57% ahead of the other 4 players (inc. Hyde 9% and B Bower 4%)....where's Woosha??

Now Vloss has to become the best number 1.

bigwow said:
Not a lot of memorable No 27 or 28 wearers.

Same with 26.

Where's Ezra Poyas and Clay Sampson.... ;D

A very unpopular number at the club. Here's a chance for Miles to make it big just like Richo did with 12.

TigerForce said:
Here's a chance for Miles to make it big just like Richo did with 12.

Jack Titus (970 goals from 294 games) put number 12 on the map long before Richo came along.

great bloke in no 28-geoff strang.His father and uncle Doug and Gordon great Tigers . Geoff played 67/69/ before going back to Albury all the Strang family is mad Richmond. Geoff was a no holds barred footballer who played it tough on the field and enjoyed himself off it a real good bloke.

I guess Greg Tivendale 'wins' No 32 due to longevity, Cousins wont qualify, as didn't wear for 50 games, nor did Haydn Robbins, Stuart Steel, David Bourke, or Des Ryan.

Where there's been a lack talent on a number that I could recall in my memory since my childhood I have read all the bio's and voted for those played in premiership teams and if they won any individual awards as opposed to, sh!t I know that guy because he is in my recent memory even if he was average or hasn't really played enough games so at times I have not picked the majority.

BTW I would have gone for Woosha as well at 31 but not on the selection list. He was tough and fearless and played a big part in our last flag.

CarnTheTiges said:
300 games, captain, multiple Premiership player, nominated for the VFL/AFL team of the century in 2 positions, member of our mot famous ever line. How could it be anybody other than Bourke for #30?
Speaking of famous lines ....... the line I've always loved in relation to FB is from the football writer who said something like "he's so hard he has muscles in places where other players don't even have places".

I'll always associate #20 with Jimmy 'The Ghost' Jess, even though I'm sure plenty of other deserving players have worn it, including Ivan now. My mother adored Jimmy Jess, because he came from St Arnaud, where she also grew up.

chum said:
great bloke in no 28-geoff strang.His father and uncle Doug and Gordon great Tigers . Geoff played 67/69/ before going back to Albury all the Strang family is mad Richmond. Geoff was a no holds barred footballer who played it tough on the field and enjoyed himself off it a real good bloke.

Geoff got my vote :fing32