Squad for Hawthorn NAB rd 2 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Squad for Hawthorn NAB rd 2

Platinum member said:
B Ellis just doesn't cause any damage at all.. Give me 12 touches from sheds over 30 from Ellis every day of the week.
Ellis is extremely lazy with his disposal. Very frustrating. It's worse than Tuck mungs forward at the moment.

evo said:
laughable isnt it. Lets hope Beavis doesn't take 10 games before he realises it's a waste of time.

At least we saw Morris do something when he was tried out!!

TigerForce said:
At least we saw Morris do something when he was tried out!!

That something was mostly negative contribution but guess you're right.

Where's McBean? I can only assume he's injured to not be given a go in the NAB with Vickery and Griffiths out with concussion.

Platinum member said:
B Ellis just doesn't cause any damage at all.. Give me 12 touches from sheds over 30 from Ellis every day of the week.

Brandon Stanton is fighting for a spot at the moment.

Hoping Chappy forward wont be a repeat of Morris forward last year (ie must try to find him a spot) He doesn't belong there - I'm hoping he will be replaced by Lids, but I'm sure its not that simple.

Great game for Jack and Edwards - in excellent touch this early in the season.

Conca off half back, got a bit of it, but doesn't look settled, and didn't hit enough targets.

Cotch and Miles were good, hard at it. Did some nice things, without lighting the world of fire.

Grimes and Vlas in defense were solid.

Lenon came on in the second half, yes he kicked some goals, but more importantly he chased a couple of times - flat out, haven't seen him do that, which is a bonus.

Townsend will give away some free's if played, but is very hard at it, and can win clearances.

Cholster has good smarts for someone who hasn't played the game long, but did run out of puff. Lots of upside though.

Bit disappointed in C Ellis, moved slowly - no real impact (two week in row) Was not hard at it.

Houli good off half back, as per usual.

B Ellis, too rushed at times, never got his usual space to run.

Dusty was very good, tackled hard - got plenty off it.

Mini Rioli did OK, moves well though packs - but needs time to adjust to speed of the game.

Tames said:
Hoping Chappy forward wont be a repeat of Morris forward last year (ie must try to find him a spot) He doesn't belong there - I'm hoping he will be replaced by Lids, but I'm sure its not that simple.

Great game for Jack and Edwards - in excellent touch this early in the season.

Conca off half back, got a bit of it, but doesn't look settled, and didn't hit enough targets.

Cotch and Miles were good, hard at it. Did some nice things, without lighting the world of fire.

Grimes and Vlas in defense were solid.

Lenon came on in the second half, yes he kicked some goals, but more importantly he chased a couple of times - flat out, haven't seen him do that, which is a bonus.

Townsend will give away some free's if played, but is very hard at it, and can win clearances.

Cholster has good smarts for someone who hasn't played the game long, but did run out of puff. Lots of upside though.

Bit disappointed in C Ellis, moved slowly - no real impact (two week in row) Was not hard at it.

Houli good off half back, as per usual.

B Ellis, too rushed at times, never got his usual space to run.

Dusty was very good, tackled hard - got plenty off it.

Mini Rioli did OK, moves well though packs - but needs time to adjust to speed of the game.

Agreed.
Still lacking a class run and carry defender tho.
Would much prefer Houli playing up around the midfield.
Where he can contribute the odd goal or two.

Yarram hopefully, time will tell.
Ellis,yeah lacks compose and as a result his disposal is rushed.

The Chaplin to the forward line move, ain't gonna work,
Jack is a star.

My best:

Seniors.
Martin. Beast mode. Looks set for a huge year. Just unstoppable today.
Riewoldt. Mobile CHF. marked the socks of it and was everywhere.
Houli. Brilliant link up play from the backline.
Cotch. Beat the Hawks up. Again.
B Ellis. Note some criticism but I thought he was excellent today. Always in the right spot.
Edwards. Class.

Kids.
Menadue. Pushing for a round 1 spot on that perforfance. Grew in confidence as the game went on.
Rioli. Forward pressure was superb. Got a late goal as just reward for his perserverance. A real highlight today.
Townsend. Genuine hardnut. Tackles like a brute.
Chol. Great work rate both forward and in the ruck. Shows huge promise.

Hardwick and his coaches are going to have to find a bit of courage over the coming weeks. Menadue, Corey Ellis, Rioli, Chol and Townsend are all showing more than their immediate rivals at this stage. They won't all play but a bit of youth is exactly what we need.

Chol 4 possessions and Chaplin 3. If those sort of performances are keeping Beanie out he is in big trouble.

lamb22 said:
Chol 4 possessions and Chaplin 3. If those sort of performances are keeping Beanie out he is in big trouble.

Chol also had 7 hitouts & 2 tackles. He rucked a lot today in his 3 quarters lamby.
Excellent start for a 1st year kid.

Beanie is out because he is ordinary even at training he struggles I'll call this now will never play again super lazy

Tigers of Old said:
Chol also had 7 hitouts & 2 tackles. He rucked a lot today in his 3 quarters lamby.
Excellent start for a 1st year kid.

I like Cholly Oldie. Happy to see him play because of his upside.

I am even happy to go in with a smaller forward line, but as you can see with Lennon in the third a natural forward just gets into the right spaces, With the injuries we had if you weren't going to play Beanie today you basically never will.

scooty said:
Beanie is out because he is ordinary even at training he struggles I'll call this now will never play again super lazy

Thanks Scooty. I was getting a bit concerned for Beanie until I saw your post.

lamb22 said:
Chol got more touches than Chaplin?
Tell me why this bloke is still in the team. He's past it, was last year......????

Tigers of Old said:
My best:

Seniors.
Martin. Beast mode. Looks set for a huge year. Just unstoppable today.
Riewoldt. Mobile CHF. marked the socks of it and was everywhere.
Houli. Brilliant link up play from the backline.
Cotch. Beat the Hawks up. Again.
B Ellis. Note some criticism but I thought he was excellent today. Always in the right spot.
Edwards. Class.

Kids.
Menadue. Pushing for a round 1 spot on that perforfance. Grew in confidence as the game went on.
Rioli. Forward pressure was superb. Got a late goal as just reward for his perserverance. A real highlight today.
Townsend. Genuine hardnut. Tackles like a brute.
Chol. Great work rate both forward and in the ruck. Shows huge promise.
I also thought Grimes had a good game.

To those knocking Brando, convinced that he is a stronger version of Leigh Montagna.

Isn't a bad thing imo.

Chol shows a lot of promise but nowhere near an AFL player at this stage. A year in the 2nds will do him the world of good.

Menadue will be a player.

What I liked about today was the obvious intent to do two things. One is to move the ball quicker from defence and the other is to swarm and tackle hard. Forget about the 70 point win, that's irrelevant. The important thing is that we seem to want to address the weaknesses in our game. We were much harder at it than the hAwks today and that's not about personnel it's about intent.

The Fwds did well but was a practice match against reigning premiers who were in 2nd gear. I'd like to think Newie is our double agent however suspect the Hawks were there to get some game time into legs and not much else. Haven't seen Puopolo be so casual in a game ever. The maniacal frantic energy was missing.

That said, thought Grimes looked composed and fit, as did Batch, he looks leaner and may be a quality long termer. We need another tall, (not Chappy), down back also. All in all thought the back line did well. Mids, IMHO, were not challenged today. The Hawks instructions must have been to not contest too much. The Fwds were very +ve however this was an outcome of the midfield. Regardless Jack was sublime, but he's a lock for Rnd 1 anyway. As for the youngsters, Rioli did some nice things but he's not ready, nor is Moore. Choi is an interesting case. Not fit enough yet but has something and would be hard to match up on, however the conservative selection panel will, quite rightly go with Griff & TV. Menadue did well and impressed.