Should we trade for a "leader?" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should we trade for a "leader?"

Tigerbob said:
No he wouldn't be, the Blues would want too much. There are others there on lists that do not get a real good run that would be worth getting to know know in terms of attitude and willingness to leave their clubs to become the number one ruck at our club.

Sullivan, Griffen, Z.Clarke, Jacobs, Bellchambers, Simpson, Currie?

Tiger_4_Life said:
Who's to say that we can't entice Tom Scully at the end of his contract, do an apprentiship at the dees and then come home son!

Why would he do that? Because he was a Tiger supporter? When was the last time a top quality player came back to the Tigers? Melbourne wont let Scully go, can bet your wife's testicle on that.

GoodOne said:
Why would he do that? Because he was a Tiger supporter? When was the last time a top quality player came back to the Tigers? Melbourne wont let Scully go, can bet your wife's testicle on that.
Mad tiger supporter

GoodOne said:

Why wouldnt we try if he was any good in 2 yrs?

Tiger_4_Life said:
Why wouldnt we try if he was any good in 2 yrs?

Because he'll be well and truly signed up. It's wishful thinking that Melbourne would just let go of a player of that calibre. What possible reason other than the 'he barracked for Richmond' idea would he move from Melbourne to Richmond. When was the last time the Tigers recruited a former #1 draft pick (or top 10 draft pick for that matter) from another club? I don't know who they barracked for but maybe Martin, Deledio, Cotchin will want to go to the team they barracked for as a kid? It's a weak reason and very, very unlikely.

GoodOne said:
Because he'll be well and truly signed up. It's wishful thinking that Melbourne would just let go of a player of that calibre. What possible reason other than the 'he barracked for Richmond' idea would he move from Melbourne to Richmond. When was the last time the Tigers recruited a former #1 draft pick (or top 10 draft pick for that matter) from another club? I don't know who they barracked for but maybe Martin, Deledio, Cotchin will want to go to the team they barracked for as a kid? It's a weak reason and very, very unlikely.

You're right, but there is absolutely no harm in chatting to him over the course of the next couple of years, getting in his ear, planting the seed.

It may come to nothing but just seeing Lyon go off over the rumours would be worth it.

Baloo said:
It may come to nothing but just seeing Lyon go off over the rumours would be worth it.

Haha, maybe we should tell him about the Tiger takeover of Melbourne then?