Should we trade for a "leader?" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should we trade for a "leader?"

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yes rebuilding takes time and I for one want things done the right way.

But with space in the salary cap and good picks, and the fact that we have got virtually no leadership on field, should we trade for a "leader?"

Look what Juddas has done for the scum. He has lifted that whole club on his own and got them up and running, without him they would be garbage.

The development of our youth depends on some on filed leadership, Newman is just not cutting the mustard.

Who could we target, if we should?

tigerjoe said:
Yes rebuilding takes time and I for one want things done the right way.

But with space in the salary cap and good picks, and the fact that we have got virtually no leadership on field, should we trade for a "leader?"

Look what Juddas has done for the scum. He has lifted that whole club on his own and got them up and running, without him they would be garbage.

The development of our youth depends on some on filed leadership, Newman is just not cutting the mustard.

Who could we target, if we should?

Tough job for Newman but there's not much doubt that he hasn't got what it takes a leader. The problem is there is no one else at the moment. People talk about Cotchin but he's played all of 30 games and despite all his potential and talk of how great he is, if we are really honest about his performances, he has yet to set the world on fire.

Cannot blame Newman with so few other leaders /senior players available to assit him. Leadership cost us thegame today. : ( With the scores level in the last quarter and momentum our way we apperaed to panic make turnovers and allow the Crows the opportunity to score and bust the game open. Leadership would have been able to take the right decisons and allow us to hit the front, then who knows what happens..... ???

So is there anyone we could target, pay them heaps and help our kids?

It's clear Cotchin, Deledio, etc are not there yet.

Last time we did that, we ended up with Kane Johnson kicking the wrong way against Carlton.

Get 40,000 members to chuck in $10 each, chuck the $400,000 on top of $600,000 and have a crack at Ablet

No, trading has killed us, keep drafting and turning over duds, a leader will appear.

Actually we will be showing one of our best leaderts the door at seasons end.

Jordan McMahon will be leading about 9 others out of the club.

Right now, I don't reckon that any other player on our list could claim this sort of following.