Should Tambling be dropped? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Should Tambling be dropped?

Should Tambling be sent to Coburg to find some touch again?

• Yes

Votes: 48 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 62.5%

• Total voters
A very disappointing start to the season but I can't see him getting dropped at this stage. More by default than good management really though. We don't have a lot of better options. I wish he could find it in himself to do better.

A very disappointing start to the season but I can't see him getting dropped at this stage. More by default than good management really though. We don't have a lot of better options. I wish he could find it in himself to do better.

agree

Decided to work harder in patches yesterday and thought he did well in those patches.

It's when his intensity dropped that his performance fell. Saw Moore have a go at him for giving up a chase.

It's the thing with Richie, he needs to work hard consistently. He is doing that and therefor deserves the criticism.

He wasn't the worst yesterday and won't be dropped.

I voted no, simply because he wasn't the worst out there, and we don't have anyone worthwhile to replace him.

He's definitely having a poor start to the season, but he's not the only one, and certainly not the worst.

Beggars can't be choosers.

geoffryprettyboy said:
People should listen to Hardwick's post match interview, he does praise Richie.

Our players wouldn't be used to this.

Hardwick is going to stick up for his boys, they'll realise this and start to have a heap of respect for him.

Wallace always blamed the players and his comments about the Cousins/Connors incident about just bailing and leaving Connors to fend for himself are further proof of his selfish methods.

wayne said:
Wallace always blamed the players and his comments about the Cousins/Connors incident about just bailing and leaving Connors to fend for himself are further proof of his selfish methods.

While I don't like Wallace I cant really recall him "always blaming the players" per se, he'd always speak of the journey, not having experience and needing the players to mature which he was always right about, I often thought he wasn't critical enough of the playing group.

I wouldnt drop Tambo I would just play him on the wing no matter for at least the next 6 games to see what he has to offer.

Yes.
It's not a question of who do we have to replace him.
And I know he wasn't the worst.
But he's a senior player now and he must give 100% effort 100% of the time.
Dropping him sends a message to the whole playing group. As well as to Richie himself.

4 clangers out of 12 possessions and 67% efficiency is a very low return for the day. No matter what positive spin DH pit on about Richie I'm sure he'd hope for a lot better sooner rather than later.

There is a Tambling Topic that has been started, not sure if users are aware ::)
This has been mentioned in the topic a few times.

B2