Saturday Twilight Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Saturday Twilight Game

TigerTribe5 said:
I don't like twilight games!

If it was an early or normal start time I'd be there but we have a dinner appointment so can't go.

Much prefer the 1:40 or 2:10 starts.
Me too. My preferred times are Saturday afternoon, 1:40 or 2:10 and then Friday nights. I hate twilight games, no matter what day they're on. However more seem to like them than dislike them. so I guess they're here to stay.

CC TIGER said:
If it's real wet we may see The Hammer do a Stafford baulk around Sandilands

Heh heh...I can still remember that game CC. Staff gave him a nice arm around the shoulder after he stuffed up the kick to goal. ;D

What a flooded day that was. All over the city and suburbs.

preference one: Fri night footy...
preference two: sat arvo 2:10pm
preference three: sat night 7:40pm
preference four: thurs night footy

Work ruins my Fri night footy so it's out for me. Don't really care what other times as they all work out for me.

OK so generally people prefer Saturday arvo and Friday night. so let me ask a question: would you be happy to move 1 of the 3 Sunday games to Saturday twilight to minimise the amount of Sunday games we play?

Ian4 said:
OK so generally people prefer Saturday arvo and Friday night. so let me ask a question: would you be happy to move 1 of the 3 Sunday games to Saturday twilight to minimise the amount of Sunday games we play?

Not if the are Sunday 1.40. The Sunday twilight game is a truly awful timeslot so that works for me. I hate twilight Saturday games but prefer them to Sunday twilight.

Ian4 said:

Sunday afternoon games don't bother me unduly but I'd be all for moving those games to Saturday. Saturday would become "football day" again, albeit with games all around the clock, and even out the breaks between games.

Moot question though.

Coming from Geelong I would prefer it a little earlier but still better than a night game for myself and the kids. I think the time slot would be perfect for Melbourne peeps. You can get the dodgy jobs around the house done then state "off to the footy love" with her blessing, sneak in a few beers and still be home at a reasonable time (to watch the replay with a couple coldies) and all is good.

Actually the more I think about it, provided the TV coverage could adapt with the change. I would prefer this...

Ian4 said:
I don't actually mind a Sunday game if it's early, so I'd prefer to lose ALL the twilight games from our fixture for any other time slot.