Saturday Twilight Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Saturday Twilight Game

Annoying times lot here in SEAsia. The 2 hour time difference means it starts in the middle of the afternoon which clashes with a lot of family commitments.

so for those who are for twilight saturdays, would you like to see the club push for more of these games?

if you're against it, would you prefer this start time over night games or sunday games?

feisty tige said:
I like the Saturday twilight fixture better than the Sunday one.

:)

Although I'm not a fan of the twilight games, Saturday twilights are preferable to me over the Sunday ones.

Would be a fan if they had a Coburg VFL curtain raiser at the G starting at 1pm beforehand.

I don't like for two reasons.

Firstly, having young kids I find it a very family unfriendly time. It starts before their dinner, and finishes at their bed time.

Secondly, as a country supporter, I'm not a fan due to travel if one intends on going, and also that they are never on FTA if I'm not going to travel.

Probably the only worse time is Sunday twilight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are the crowd numbers like for twilight games? I wouldn't have thought them great. And I doubt (and hope) the club would never push a time slot that is never on FTA.

2012 kick off times. Gone are the days of 2:10 football!!!

1:10 pm
1:45 pm
2:10 pm (retro kick of time)
3:15 pm
4:40 pm
7:40 pm
7:50pm (satints in a few weeks)

Interesting. As a country supporter I love the Saturday twilight matches. Gives me time to get things done on a Saturday morning without have to rush off pre-lunch and ensures that I am not home after midnight. It works well IMO. Certainly better than Sunday twilight, my least fave fixture.

Tiger Pops said:

its ridiculous isnt it? as i've stated a few times on this forums, why doesn't the 1:10 sunday game start at 1:45 for the sake of uniformity? its a lot easier for fans to understand. ie:
Sat: 1:45pm, 4:40pm, 7:40pm
Sun: 1:45pm, 4:40pm (3:15pm for the ch 7 game)

TigerForce said:
Twilight Saturday is better than on Sunday.

Yep. Win or lose, Sunday night's not enough time to digest the game before returning to the weekly grind.

Tiger Pops said:

Was going to start a thread on this. Must be a bit disorienting for the players.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Tiger Pops said:

Was going to start a thread on this. Must be a bit disorienting for the players.

i forgot to add that the anzac day game also started at 2:40pm, GWS v the swans started at 7:20, melb v lions/essendon v lions at 1:40pm cats v hawks at 3:10pm, lions v cats at 7:45pm and freo v carlton at 8:45pm. so, so far in 2012, we've had the following start times (all in eastern standard time):

1:10pm
1:40pm
1:45pm
2:10pm
2:40pm
3:10pm
3:15pm
4:40pm
7:20pm
7:40pm
7:45pm
7:50pm
8:45pm

so far we have had 13 different start times, with no. 14 coming up this week with adelaide v cats at 1:15pm.

Collingwood fans seemed to like the Saturday twilight timeslot. 62,000 against an interstate team on a freezing day.

Yes yes, we all know the pies have a lot of supporters, but to put things in perspective... It was a bigger crowd compared to when we played them in early spring in round 2...

More Saturday twilight games for Richmond in 2013 please :fing32

Ian4 said:
Collingwood fans seemed to like the Saturday twilight timeslot. 62,000 against an interstate team on a freezing day.

Yes yes, we all know the pies have a lot of supporters, but to put things in perspective... It was a bigger crowd compared to when we played them in early spring in round 2...

Works for Collingwood. Game finishes around 7, make their way to the pub for a couple of pots, then everyone's out for the evening and it's break-and-enter time. :help

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Works for Collingwood. Game finishes around 7, make their way to the pub for a couple of pots, then everyone's out for the evening and it's break-and-enter time. :help

:rofl

Citizens on Parole

mld said:
No thanks.
Speaking as someone with children, who occasionally come to the footy, I would like to say that the twilight games (the 3 and 4 o'clock ones that is) are terrible!

End up with hungry kids, not home in time for dinner, rushing baths and bed and homework etc. Just carp.