Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sad to say - But Cousins has nothing left to give "on field"

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
hardly noticed and the game seems to have passed him by now.

doesn't seem to want to kick it also.

maybe he should think about retiring and maybe think about a coaching role.

I understand your frustration - and many other poster are saying the same.

Lets give him a few more weeks before writing him off.

He is after all returning from injury.

I'll reserve judgement until he can get some continuity of games going. If he can't do that - he's gone anyway as the body won't let him play on.

If he can, he'd be valuable as we still need some experience in with the young guys. Tuck has been a good example since returning to the side.

Give the bloke a chance to get match fit
Don't want to ask to much of him and have him ping a hammy
Is probably ahead of where he was this time last year

Had nothing when he was given a second life here, be honest, how the hell has his presence helped in any way shape or form ?

Simply put, it hasnt..............he was bought in simply as a way of selling memberships and putting arses on seats.

jackfrost said:
Had nothing when he was given a second life here, be honest, how the hell has his presence helped in any way shape or form ?

Simply put, it hasnt..............he was bought in simply as a way of selling memberships and putting arses on seats.

Garbage, his leadership and teaching experience for our kids outweighs any of the money we got from extra memberships

i think he had 7 kicks.....2 of em dribbled into the 50 and one was on the full and one was a turnover

continued to be caught and hand balled to a bloke under pressure

Let him string some games together. You may be right but this was also what a lot of people were saying at this point last year.

checkside said:
Let him string some games together. You may be right but this was also what a lot of people were saying at this point last year.

thats the point - can he string some games together? I worry he can't.

it gets harder each time he tries to come back.

sadly it looks like hes gone for mine.

U2Tigers said:
hardly noticed and the game seems to have passed him by now.

doesn't seem to want to kick it also.

maybe he should think about retiring and maybe think about a coaching role.
Disagree,needs 3-4 games in a row & he'll show plenty

Bennnny said:
Considering staff at a cafe thought he was drunk on Thursday afternoon you have to wondr where his head is at.

Thanks Caroline Hutchison.

looks very slow, skills are below standard and decision making is not good also.
unfortunately for him, the richmond effect has taken hold of him. and given his age there is nothin more to say but bye bye cuz.

ZeroGame said:
Garbage, his leadership and teaching experience for our kids outweighs any of the money we got from extra memberships

Garbage ? ...OK, I'm a man of reason !!

Show me some proof of your statement then.

Show me ONE player that has benefitted from HIS presence at the Club (football wise Im speaking)!!

jackfrost said:
Garbage ? ...OK, I'm a man of reason !!

Show me some proof of your statement then.

Show me ONE player that has benefitted from HIS presence at the Club (football wise Im speaking)!!
Cotchin & Deledio have spoken highly of him in some interviews. Giving pointers during the game, setting an example with his work & training ethic.

He's 32 next month and he is showing his age. May still play out the bulk of the season but next year looks looks like a fantasy. It will be a minor miracle if he makes it to 33 in Richmond colours, let alone the 34 or 35 that some deluded posters argued he would when he was first recruited.