Round 8-The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 8-The other games

hellenictiger said:
Jack Watts is not up to AFL level yet and that means he shouldn't have been no1. Geez he just runs at half pace and doesn't have the determination to win the footy. You can teach the things he lacks but he actually
looks like he doesn't want to be there. They should play him down back.
l take it Watts had a bad game.

mexican_radio said:
Demons, back to earth with a thud, or is this just a minor hiccup on their journey to greatness?

A bit of both. They will taper off as the season progresses, still young.

The commentators keep going on about how young the Dees are today. ??? ???

Dees had avg age of 23yrs 361 days to Weagles 23yrs 80 days
Dees avg 73 games Weagles 61 games
So Weagles were on average younger and less game experience.
Poor effort by the Dees today

and the skill level of both teams was appalling. I know the Saints Bullies game was hard to watch, but the Dees Eagles today wasnt much better.

mexican_radio said:
Demons, back to earth with a thud, or is this just a minor hiccup on their journey to greatness?

There wouldn't be much damage done, barely got off the earth's crust, only bruised egos.

mb64 said:
l take it Watts had a bad game.
15 disposals and 5 marks isn`t a bad effort for his first game back,and only his 4th game of AFL footy.

Naitanui had 10 disposals and 2 marks.

lucky for us demons had that good patch and won 3 games otherwise a repeat of 2007 could have been on the cards..

hellenictiger said:
Jack Watts is not up to AFL level yet and that means he shouldn't have been no1. Geez he just runs at half pace and doesn't have the determination to win the footy. You can teach the things he lacks but he actually
looks like he doesn't want to be there. They should play him down back.

Maybe his inner desire is to come to the Tigers. Isn't that what all players aspire to?

Barkdog said:
and the skill level of both teams was appalling. I know the Saints Bullies game was hard to watch, but the Dees Eagles today wasnt much better.
Tom swift had one of the worst kicking games ive ever seen.

Don't ask me why I was looking but Cleve...

I know it is only the Qld league but...

http://www.southportsharks.com.au/football/seniors.php

SHARKS FORWARDS ON FIRE
Saturday 8th May 2010

Giant killers Aspley came crashing back to earth after being stomped on by Southport’s three-pronged attack today.

Cleve Hughes, Cameron MacLaren and Ben Merrett booted the Sharks’ first 10 goals between them and 17 out of 21 in total as the Hornets defence was powerless to stop them.
Richmond recruit Hughes booted 9.5 in easily his best game for the club, while MacLaren added five more and Merrett three.The skilful, athletic MacLaren booted four of his goals in the first two quarters and was best afield to halftime, while Merrett and Hughes each had three.

Dean Putt is up there too... :p

Fevola - dirty old night, 3 possessions for the game. Brisbane wheels have fallen off. All those mature recruits since Voss has taken over are just second rate players; Raines, Staker, Buchanan, Johnstone.

GoodOne said:
Fevola - dirty old night, 3 possessions for the game. Brisbane wheels have fallen off. All those mature recruits since Voss has taken over are just second rate players; Raines, Staker, Buchanan, Johnstone.

Didn't rate the Lions and they're starting to play as I expected. They have been hit by injuries to their back half, but most of their side look like battlers anyway.

GoodOne said:

Exactly. Sucked in Voss. You are an ordinary coach and will look like a fool as this blows up in your face.

lets see how much heat Voss gets from the media scrum...not much most of them love him...

GoodOne said:

Raines -> :hihi

I'll take a bit back about what I said about watts cause he took one or two good contested grabs out forward. But he was patchy, his contested game isn't as good as nick nats.

Lions are a disgrace. Like most I don't rate them