Round 8-The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 8-The other games

Dockers get a late goal to reduce the margin to 24 pts at 1/4 time.Unfortunately l think the Pies are home already.

Awful kick by Luke Ball just before half time resulted in a Freo goal. Had it been a Richmond player we'd have been treated to replays from three different angles accompanied by tut-tutting from the commentators.

Top game of footy tonight. Better than that absolute crap that the Bulldogs and Saints dished up a couple of weeks ago.

Yes it is Piddles. Top game. Backed the pies @ $1.85 pre game.

Think they'll have the answers, but there'll definately be times when the dockers come hard in the 2nd half.

In the first quarter, a free was paid to Freo, they played on (assuming "advantage") and kicked a goal. Then the umpire steps in and says "no no no" and enforces the original free kick.
When this happened to Richmond (I think it was Joel Bowden) and he MISSED the goal, the umpire decided it WAS advantage and the point stood. I never understood that decision and it costs us dearly. Almost, but not quite, as terrible as the INFAMOUS Richo hands on the back free and 50m penalty.

Anyway, I digress. The advantage rule is confusing and cost Freo a goal and quite a lot of momentum.

mexican_radio said:
In the first quarter, a free was paid to Freo, they played on (assuming "advantage") and kicked a goal. Then the umpire steps in and says "no no no" and enforces the original free kick.
When this happened to Richmond (I think it was Joel Bowden) and he MISSED the goal, the umpire decided it WAS advantage and the point stood. I never understood that decision and it costs us dearly. Almost, but not quite, as terrible as the INFAMOUS Richo hands on the back free and 50m penalty.

Anyway, I digress. The advantage rule is confusing and cost Freo a goal and quite a lot of momentum.

Don't get me started on the advantage rule.

Remember the Bulldogs game earlier this year? Edwards was tackled across the half-back line and decided he'd better kick it before he got pinged for holding it. The ump decided the tackle was illegal and paid a free to Edwards, just as he dribbled a grubber about 15 m towards the 50m mark. Everyone stopped but the ump decided that was enough advantage to the Tigers so they coud play on. A Bulldogs player picked the ball up to give it to Edwards but the ump said: "No, kick a goal, son." So he did.

It was actually quite funny. I'd have really laughed if it was another club involved.

Very well drilled side Scumwood, as much as I hate to say it.

On the other hand, a few Dockers getting found out against quality opposition. That McPhee is one of the greatest pretenders I've evre seen on a footy ground. He is as weak as *smile*. Avoids body contact like the plague. Cost his team a goal as he refused to lay a shepherd and let Cloke lay a tackle which caused a turnover and goal.

Silvagni looks ordinary tonight. Very slow and very ordinary skill level.

Ridley said:
Very well drilled side Scumwood, as much as I hate to say it.

On the other hand, a few Dockers getting found out against quality opposition. That McPhee is one of the greatest pretenders I've evre seen on a footy ground. He is as weak as p!ss. Avoids body contact like the plague. Cost his team a goal as he refused to lay a shepherd and let Cloke lay a tackle which caused a turnover and goal.

Silvagni looks ordinary tonight. Very slow and very ordinary skill level.

Yeah McPhee cleaned up by Cloke. Still makes you wonder why they didnt have Tarrant on him in the first place. Silvani looked promising in his first couple of games. Not sure what's happened last 2 or 3. Seems to have got stage fright.

VFL player always will be an VFL player,
silvangi shocking,
Mcphee vomit
Hasbey- couglans brother
barlow- tiucks brother
The Freo bandwagon has broken down,

collingwood an even side by still has alot front runners, will be caught out against real tough sides like geelong and stkilda

zippadeee said:
collingwood an even side by still has alot front runners, will be caught out against real tough sides like geelong and stkilda

I dunno. I think the Pies look like the real deal this year unfortunately.
Ripper game against the Cats next Friday. Will tell us a little more.

Tigers of Old said:
Happy with Martin too. I just think Morrabito's got a heck of a lot of growth in him as a player. Will be a lot better than ok, could be anything.

Will wait and see. Has good size. I still question how good his disposal skills will be. Just glad for a change we've chosen a ready-made skillful player rather than one who has alot of potential growth. I have x-factor nightmares.

Tigers of Old said:

yeah last year they won 7-8 in a row then got slapped, too many recievers.. go catters!!!
If Collingwood is the real deal, it just shows how many *smile* sides are going around!

Tigers of Old said:
Agree,hoping the Pies will fall apart in September but I'm not sure they will.