Round 8 Changes v Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 8 Changes v Hawks

Hmmm we can't seem to get anything going for us at the moment.

Franklin, Mitchell and Burgoyne all in, just in time for us. Pretty typical.

Depending on Griffiths shoulder, he may be a shock inclusion to test the Hawks lack of height in defence, hopefully Foley can make it in time for the game also. Wondering whether giving Post a shot at Roughead would do any good for his confidence. He seemed to do a decent job on him in the NAB Cup game from memory.

I would say Farmer is a definite after being ruled out with a "virus".

Even Dunstall and Brereton have put their hand up to play in the game against us.

btoz_01 said:
Even Dunstall and Brereton have put their hand up to play in the game against us.

Didn't Dunstall kick his biggest ever bag against us (something rediculous like 12 or 13), when we were absolutley on fire in the late 80's early 90's? ::)

Perhaps L.Franklin will do similar to us this week? With the bollocking the Dirty Nappies are copping in the media in recent weeks I'm fearing a Geelong style massacre this week ???

Panthera Tigris said:
Didn't Dunstall kick his biggest ever bag against us (something rediculous like 12 or 13), when we were absolutley on fire in the late 80's early 90's? ::)

Perhaps L.Franklin will do similar to us this week? With the bollocking the Dirty Nappies are copping in the media in recent weeks I'm fearing a Geelong style massacre this week ???

Dunstall kicked 17 goals in one match against us in 1992.....

Out: Polo (suspended) Astbury (needs a rest), Rance
In: Morton, Cousins/Foley (if 100% fit), Gus (need two ruckman)

IN - Foley, Cousins, Browne, Farmer.
OUT - White, Polo, Astbury, Thursfield.

Tigerbob said:
Depending on Griffiths shoulder, he may be a shock inclusion to test the Hawks lack of height in defence
Really TB? I would have thought he was more likely to miss a few weeks at Coburg with that bung shoulder. Or do you have some mail that it's nothing too serious?

If Griffiths didn't injure his shoulder i would have made this call as well. Is definately AFL level and reminded me of Kurt Tippet with his athleticism and the way he was hitting the pack.

Was going really well before he hit the ground. Not sure how serious but he looked to be in a bit of pain, but then did sit on the bench with just an ice pack on his shoulder.

shamekha said:
If Griffiths didn't injure his shoulder i would have made this call as well.

You were at the ground shamekha, could you give us a your view on Griffiths, does his injury look bad? Was his arm in a sling, did they apply ice on it, did you see them pop it back in?

geoffryprettyboy said:
You were at the ground shamekha, could you give us a your view on Griffiths, does his injury look bad? Was his arm in a sling, did they apply ice on it, did you see them pop it back in?

it happened on the far side of the ground from me, hence why my opinion is fuzzy. He crashed a pack going for a mark and fell heavily, landing on his shoulder, it appeared. He went straight in to the rooms when he came off and reappeared a little later and had ice on the top of his shoulder. When he went down he took a while to get back up, he was in obvious pain. so yeah dislocation sounds feasible.

2010 has been and always was going to be a crappy year for us. But what I've seen in the kids and the way we are trying to go we have less to worry about than dud sides like Hawthorn and Adelaice...you can throw in Essendon too. I think these sides with better lists than ours have some serious issues and more to worry about than us. What a fall from grace for the Dawks....premiers one year bottomw 4 within two years after that. 2010 is a stepping stone for us. Learning new styles, developing new structires and finding out who wants to play for the Tigers.

As for my ins: Persistence, Courage, Focus
Outs: deadwood, old habits, lack of belief

I'm hoping Big Ben's shoulder is as bad as McGuane's knee injury in the same game.

Would be nice to see Griffiths but there's no rush to play him. Although would be tempting to play him against Hawthorn's hack VFL defenders.

Barnzy said:
Would be nice to see Griffiths but there's no rush to play him. Although would be tempting to play him against Hawthorn's hack VFL defenders.

Hopefully he would get Murphy...

Barnzy said:

Have you seen Box Hill play??? They're pretty good

In: Griffiths (if fit) Foley, Cousins, Morton
Out: Polo, White, Astbury (rest), Tambling

Moore Thursfield Newman
Lids Mc Guane Tuck
Martin Jackson Cousins
Edwards Riewolt Morton
Polak Griffiths Nahas
Vickery Cotchin Foley
Webberly, Nason, Rance,Collins

Fwd line will stretch the Hawks already depleted defense
No need for another ruck