Round 5 - The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 5 - The other games

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
First game ended about five hours ago. No-one has created a thread for this round's non-Richmond games until now. Is this a sign of how apathetic we have become? Or is it just that we dare not monitor the progress of our co-winless Crows?

23.21.159 said:
First game ended about five hours ago. No-one has created a thread for this round's non-Richmond games until now. Is this a sign of how apathetic we have become? Or is it just that we dare not monitor the progress of our co-winless Crows?

I think a lot of us have lost a bit of interest to be honest...

At least someone is as bad as us, and they don't have the one positive we do, which is youth.

They're looking pretty bad... A few more losses and Craig could be gone.

thejinx said:
I think a lot of us have lost a bit of interest to be honest...

At least someone is as bad as us, and they don't have the one positive we do, which is youth.

They're looking pretty bad... A few more losses and Craig could be gone.

Unfortunately, I think they will still beat us in two weeks.

Rowdydave

Craig should be gone, he is wasting Dangerfield who could be a very powerful mid as a fwd, just like he has wasted Porplyzia for a few years.

I thought the crows battled quite hard, just ran into a better team last night. Tippett looked a bit better.
Anyway...this rumour is going around that J.Brown may not play tonight. Thousands of SC player's are nervous!

Where are the Griffen haters this week?

Tambling has never played a game like that.

WesternTiger said:
Put him or Lids in the dogs line up and I am sure they would have.
Or even better put Griffen in the Tigers line up. Lets see if he rips it up playing for the yellow and black. No Cross, Cooneys or Boyds at Richmond to feed you the ball.

Griffens at richmond would be worse then Fiora,
Thats his best game in 2 years,

IrockZ said:
Where are the Griffen haters this week?

Tambling has never played a game like that.

Looks like they are still around. ::)

Shouldn't be compared to Fiora/Tambling, they are not really midfielders. Also at 188 & 86kg he dwarfs them.

Griffen's output this year is what many expected would be the norm. He has all the tools (size/speed/disposal skill) and a good midfield around him so no excuses not to be a good player.

Griffen played arguably the best game of his career last night. Some of his long kicking and runs were sublime but let's not get carried away, it was against a side who were winless and playing very ordinary football. Let's see if he can back it up next week against the Saints otherwise he's just another flat track bully.

Good to see Tippet find some form. Craig is in real trouble.

IanG said:
Explain why Griffin should be compared to Tambling when he was picked before Tambling.

How can you compare any players then, obviously no two players are taken at the same pick.

The game on 7 is too late for me on a Friday night (yep, I'm a wuss) I watched until I had the final score on the net and then went to bed.
:)

I probably wont catch a game this weekend, except maybe the Dons Pies game, unless the Pies start winning and I might turn off.

Crows seem to have injected a little bit of youth, but I think they will definitely have a win against us.

IanG said:
Explain why Griffin should be compared to Tambling when he was picked before Tambling.

Well perhaps he should be compared to Deledio - 'cos lids certainly doesn't play like that.

IrockZ said:
Just find it funny how many on here rate Tambling ahead of Griffen.

Who rates Tambling in front of Griffen? If they do they have rocks in their head.

tigermouseau said:
Well perhaps he should be compared to Deledio - 'cos lids certainly doesn't play like that.

Lids has played games as good as that. Heck IMHO Gia was better than Griffin last night he was the one who set up the lead when Adelaide were on top early and he ended up with not much less possessions than Griffin after going off injured for a while. Not that Griffin didn't play well, of course he did, he even showed some good work in close which I haven't seen from him before.

IrockZ said:
It doesnt.

Just find it funny how many on here rate Tambling ahead of Griffen.

Who does? At most I for one have said that Tambling had a better 2009 than Griffin, and I stand by that. If the grant were held now I'd take Griffin ahead of Tambling though.