Round 4-The other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 4-The other games

Tigers of Old said:
He's better than Tucky I will give you that. Reminds me a fair bit of him actually.
Big numbers, poor disposal. Not a fan I must say but each to their own.

Watson has more footy smarts in his hands then Tuck has in his brain.

One takes it and bombs it to the opposition and the other actually looks to setup a teammate going forward.

Completely different types.

Scabman, You were missing Buddy, Sewell and Taylor yesterday. Last year these blokes plus Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Brown, Cyril played virtually every game.

You cant fool yourself forever - you had most if not all of your big guns play virtually every game last year and you guys were ordinary to put it mildly..

As Fev found out this week accepting the truth is the first step towrads recovery

lamb22 said:
Scabman, You were missing Buddy, Sewell and Taylor yesterday. Last year these blokes plus Roughy, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Brown, Cyril played virtually every game.

You cant fool yourself forever - you had most if not all of your big guns play virtually every game last year and you guys were ordinary to put it mildly..

As Fev found out this week accepting the truth is the first step towrads recovery
Spoken like someone who watched from afar without actually trying to decipher what was happening.

Roughy played with a knee concern for most of the year, ended up going under the knife before the season finished.
Hodge played numerous games when he simply shouldn't have. Came back early from a groin complaint and never got going.
Lewis played a wingman link role, as Young Ladson and Ellis were out.
Brown carried a foot injury for most of the year.
Mitchell did a shoulder but refused to go under the knife until the season was complete, and played off the half back line.

It's fine to sit back and look at the 'games played' column, but you've got to actually look at the output also.

lamb22 said:
Denial is a not a river in Egypt.

Hawks were OK and up for it early - just didn't have the skills.

Hawks won in 2008 through great coaching and the fact that few sides wanted to take Hawks up on their zone and play ugly. After Hawks won everyone got on board. As I have said consistently hawks have poor footskills. Everyone looks like they have good footskills when rebounding in numbers kicking to a leading player in 50 metres of space. That's what the rolling zone allowed Hawks to do virtuially unopposd in 2008. Those days are gone. Accordingly Hawks lack of skills isexposed and the beneficiary of the player with 50 metres to lead into also suffers when he cant actually take a proper contested mark in traffic or kick straight.

Welcome to the future Scabman!

PS you've been bottom 8 for 26 weeks now and in your last 10 games last year, preseason and this season you are 3 wins 7 losses, with your wins coming against Melbourne and Richmond (2)

PPS I said bottom half of the eight at best Scabman. Personally I think you guys will miss the eight. A side with no rucks, slow mids who cant kick, no defence and Hacks like Guerra, Murphy, Renouf, Gilham or the sublime footskills of Brown or Lewis or Schoenemakers is not a top 8 template. Only Cyril who is head and shoulders above your second best player as game and momentum changer can get you there.
It's funny that you say all that after one poor performance, yet we took it up to the Dogs and Cats in previous weeks. I bet your thoughts were similar, it was just that you had to keep them to yourself, or else look the fool.

To be quite honest, I don't think you really know what you're talking about, but you've sure shown that you're no fan of the Hawks.

Box Hill versus Geelong, Max Rooke just did his shoulder knocking out Burgoyne! Seriously, knocked him out cold and did his shoulder in the process! Thats what Parkin reckons on abc radio

theScabman said:
It's funny that you say all that after one poor performance, yet we took it up to the Dogs and Cats in previous weeks. I bet your thoughts were similar, it was just that you had to keep them to yourself, or else look the fool.

To be quite honest, I don't think you really know what you're talking about, but you've sure shown that you're no fan of the Hawks.

Wasnt he talking of last year as well ? Also you dont need to be a hawks fan to be objective. We have the luxury of watching from afar with no emotion when it comes to the hawks.

theScabman said:

Said it all last year, said it preseason and after each hawk game.

Hard for you to be objective so I am forgiving of your impertinence.

I am actually looking forward to round 8 because it will one of our few real chances for a win.

lamb22 said:

I am actually looking forward to round 8 because it will one of our few real chances for a win.
Right.

theScabman said:
Hey Scab, don't worry it's better to have a slump at the start of the season than at the end. I wouldn't be surprised the Hawks will pick up towards half-way.

IrockZ said:
Watson has more footy smarts in his hands then Tuck has in his brain.

What? ;D

IrockZ said:
One takes it and bombs it to the opposition and the other actually looks to setup a teammate going forward.

Completely different types.

I did say he was better.
I don't seem them as completely different types.

Anyone catch Footy Classifieds and the puzzlement of the panel when they put up the figures showing Hawks have won 10 out the last 26, a win percentage ratio in the 30s and Clarkson's overall negative win loss record.

Amazing though how good the Hawks PR and myth making machine appears to be.

Your obsession with talking down the Hawks is unhealthy, Lamb.

They're a good team and will make the 8 with ease if they get a good run with injuries.

theScabman said:
We had 6 ruckman on the list, who were playing at their respective levels( bar Bailey) when Burgoyne was initially engaged in talks. From there Bailey returned and did another knee, Campbell played out the year then told the club he didn't want to continue playing and hindering his after footy life, Walsh had stress fractures in his foot, Taylor broke an ankle in the nab, and Skipper did a ligament also. We have two kids in Grimley and Lowden who are not up to it yet.
Ruckman weren't the issue when Burgoyne was first being talked to. Outside run and carry was.

'No ruck' means you're not watching the same game as me. Renouf is doing a great hob, he just doesn't have a helper at the moment.

Cmon Scab. Lets go through them.

Robbie Campbell was a loss, good honest footballer who contested everything.
The fact that you were banking on Bailey coming good is a sign of how desperate you were.
Simon Taylor is hated by every Hawks supporter I know. He makes our Gus look like Polly Farmer.
Wayde Skipper was rejected at the Bulldogs who were not exactly flush in ruck talent. And Skipper was a rookie pick that you went for as a clear sign of how desperate you were.
The others are kids that aren't ready and may never be. Sure you have rucks in the pipeline but there was a glaring hole in your list .

Renouf is a battler. Nothing more. Has a go but isn't a number one ruck, could carve out a AFL life as a back up. No one at Hawthorn I would think, would see him as a long term number one ruck.

I thought your strength was your running brigade, your on ballers. Burgyone doesn't bring anything that you couldn't have a younger version of with picks 9 and 16. If the Hawks, took two of Luke Tapscott, Lewis Jetta or Kane Lucas I think they are much better off. Hawthorn has enough big bodies that could cover the smaller body of Jetta. Jetta could have had a Cyril like impact at the Hawks.

The Gibson trade makes some sense but I still would have went after the rucks. The Ruck will haunt the Hawks, as will the Burgyone deal. Very strange move from a club that has got where it has by stockpiling youth.

SCOOP said:
Cmon Scab. Lets go through them.

Robbie Campbell was a loss, good honest footballer who contested everything.
The fact that you were banking on Bailey coming good is a sign of how desperate you were.
Simon Taylor is hated by every Hawks supporter I know. He makes our Gus look like Polly Farmer.
Wayde Skipper was rejected at the Bulldogs who were not exactly flush in ruck talent. And Skipper was a rookie pick that you went for as a clear sign of how desperate you were.
The others are kids that aren't ready and may never be. Sure you have rucks in the pipeline but there was a glaring hole in your list .

You forgot to mention that they were also looking at taking Patto as a ruck SCOOP! :hihi

Barnzy said:
Your obsession with talking down the Hawks is unhealthy, Lamb.

They're a good team and will make the 8 with ease if they get a good run with injuries.

They are going at lss than 40 % win ratio snce the GF. They are a middle order side who can make the 8 if lucky or finish near the bottom if unlucky.

I'll say it again the 2009 injury excuse is a myth and does not stand up to scrutiny. Buddy played 20 odd games , as did Mitchell as did Lewis as did Hodge as did Brown, as did Sewell, as did Roughy and Cyril played about 18. All their A grade players had almost unniterrupted seasons.

They missed Croad but he aint coming back. Crawf and Dew retired. They is what they is - ordinary.

The real test is this week. North are a bottom 4 side and Hawks should win by 5 goals plus at Tassie. Any slip up and the season is over!

lamb22 said:

Bump!

Almost got there lamby.............