Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 17: the sweaty hemorrhoid games.

Didn't deserve to win, so whatever.

I can't remember the last time I couldn't care less about a loss like I do tonight.

In the Malthouse, Bolton and Teague eras I ended up completely detached, but this is different.

I tend to think tonight wasn't us, so I'm not concerned.
Dont Fret BB.

The loss was a good one for the Blues they fought back and were stung.

Dare I say the loss they needed to re focus and straighten them up for the run in.

Tigers had a few of those in our Premiership years a few big losses to the Saints a belting from the Cats, a loss to Port when we should've won and a loss to GWS.

Blues should be right amongst it as long as they stay focused and hungry.

Plus it got the GWS and probably Brisbane both over the Skunks on the ladder which is good for football.

Reactions: 2 users
The wheels are ready falling off Sydney.
Imagine playing Sydney or freo at the G.
GWM records would be broken

Reactions: 1 user
Swans and Lions can’t win in Melbourne…. Freo and Essendon are embarrassing Top 4 sides… port are pretenders… somehow the cats are a live chance again… pies look cooked… GWS? … as long as they don’t stuff up getting there - I can’t see the blues losing it. The competition is weak.

Reactions: 1 users
Nuh, earlier with a bs deliberate near the wing.
Continually illustrates the problem of bringing in new rules the umps cannot properly or consistently apply. Think about how dumb it is: insufficient intent. So they are adjudicating on the intent in a player's mind when s/he disposes of the ball !! :( Patently absurd.
So, they are mind-readers when arbitrating that decision.

Supposedly they can distinguish which player deliberately takes the ball out as distinct to just a clumsy or errant disposal, or the worst of all, from when a player kicks or knocks the ball along the line, maybe in a team-mate's direction, but a wayward bounce affecting its direction and speed takes it over. (We all know the game's played with an oval ball that bounces unpredictably - that much is a fact!)

So the rule is just an absurdity, because 1) Umps cannot possibly know what's in a given player's mind and 2) prove they often cannot distinguish errant disposals from deliberate. (We, of course, get shown this particularly often - Vlaustin's last night another blatant example).

[Oobs on the full was already a successful, correct law of the game]. Alternatively, umps must be instructed to only penalise when near certain of deliberate action.

Too good too soon.
But hopefully they’ll pull something out of the hat.
Can’t think of anything worse than Bummers or Carltoon winning it

Swans and Lions can’t win in Melbourne…. Freo and Essendon are embarrassing Top 4 sides… port are pretenders… somehow the cats are a live chance again… pies look cooked… GWS? … as long as they don’t stuff up getting there - I can’t see the blues losing it. The competition is weak.
Agree, I called it 5 weeks ago that Sydney will crash and burn.
Freo and Essendon top 4 give me a break.
Port seriously what are they doing? If they straight set it out of the finals they might remove themselves from the AFL and return to the SANFL.
Footscary can't play on a adult sized ground and in the elements.
Collingwood are using the injury excuse, but they just are plastic .
Carlton are good on the G. But put your house on the opposition anywhere else in the country.
Hawthorn the arrogant football club copped a nice slapping to put them back in there box. How dud the smurf go this week??
Geelong are ok, good kids, but just shiitt themselves against real opposition.
Brisbane what a shiit football club. They won't win anything and the old codger will blame stats, injuries and everybody else bar himself.
And for us, I couldn't believe when Jenkins tipped us to win the spoon, I just thought sour grapes etc. But we are worse then wooden spoon quality. Clarke has sent us back to the dark days of 2010.

couldn"t have done it without the ex Tigers.Again!
Yes, I'm just rapt that ex-Tigers players like Higgins, Butler, Chol et al (think I'm missing others - Durham a few goals?) are kicking a lot more scores that anyone currently playing for us, especially as SFs.

IMHO, our hubris began when the club and Dimma were indifferent to keeping one of our watershed flag winners in Dan Butler. The signs were there.

Right now I reckon its the Blues Flag to lose ......................no pressure BB.

Swans match the Blues if not better in the middle, but the Blues have em covered at both ends.

GWS on their day are dangerous but are thin through the middle and at the G less of a threat.

Geelong is flakey now like all dominant sides on the way out.

Brisbane soft away from the Gabba.

Demons not winning it without Petracca even if they make the 8.

Freo only chance at a flag is if they come up against the Swans or Bears or Port or GWS.

Port ............. ha ha ha NO

Drugs not yet still can't buy them as anything but making a Prelim at best or going out in straight sets.

Skunks are the only team that can threaten from outside the top 4.

Finish 2nd on the ladder or top with Swans Bears GWS and/or Dockers making up the top 4 its definitely the Blues to lose, no travel from the G if they win the Q?F same as Tigers 2017.

Maggots might get stopped with an Interstate Prelim if they cant make top 4, an interstate Elimination would be a good result for them also.

The next 4 weeks will sort it out.

Right now for me its the Blues from the Swans then the Skunks.

Reactions: 1 users
What a disappointing past fortnight. 2 weeks ago we weren’t last and we were the only team to defeat Sydney. Now it seems like everyone is beating them.

Right then, 'fess up time. :LOL:

How many of you booked any kind of leave from work for GF week/the week after, well in advance when it became apparent you could make it/win the flag?

Not that I think (right now at least) we'll win it, but as we know, things like leave generally need to be booked in with plenty of notice.

In 2017 I'm tipping not many of you would have, given the big surprise of it all? 2018 I'm guessing quite a few of you might have, considering how strong the Tiges were that year. 2019 and 2020 the same, but you couldn't do too much outside your home in the way of celebrating for the latter.

Be honest. :ROFLMAO:

People writing off the Swans too early.

The 3 games they've lost have been all under a goal.

Could quite have easily remained undefeated. Still favourites IMO.

Reactions: 5 users