Round 16 Tiges V Bullants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 16 Tiges V Bullants

You're right craigo. The north is still heading further north. Admittedly, bit of a shame to see this club at Fitzroy level as they used to be a great club in the VFA long time ago.
Exactly TF a proud strong club with a long history alongside Coburg and Brunswick bringing rivalries north of the CBD.

Preston "The Mighty Bullants"!

Yep as you rightly say the North of Melbourne aint Coburg or Preston Broady, Tullamarine or Brunswick, Pascoe Vale, Plenty. Bundoora or Heidelberg anymore.

Iwa's a Springvale supporter being from the area. Springvale was another great club ruined by the Affiliation now called the Casey Scorpions ...... throw in Brunswick, Prahran, Camberwell, Oakleigh and Dandenong and Sunshine they rooted the VFA for no gain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Exactly TF a proud strong club with a long history alongside Coburg and Brunswick bringing rivalries north of the CBD.

Preston "The Mighty Bullants"!

Yep as you rightly say the North of Melbourne aint Coburg or Preston Broady, Tullamarine or Brunswick, Pascoe Vale, Plenty. Bundoora or Heidelberg anymore.

Iwa's a Springvale supporter being from the area. Springvale was another great club ruined by the Affiliation now called the Casey Scorpions ...... throw in Brunswick, Prahran, Camberwell, Oakleigh and Dandenong and Sunshine they rooted the VFA for no gain.
Would be a good thread.

I reckon when I was a kid it was Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Preston, Prahran, Dandenong, sunshine, Coburg, Yarraville, Brunswick, Oakleigh, Caulfield, Sandringham, Geelong West, Box Hill, Camberwell, Northcote, Moorabbin.

I think Werribee was later and I can’t remember when Springvale came in? Also Brighton were in the VFA for a while and not sure when Frankston came in.

There were clubs coming in and out over the years, including country clubs. One that many won’t remember is that Traralgon made a 2 year appearance in the VFA coached by Joffa Cunningham and Ballarat east and Bendigo later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Dandy joined the VFA in 1958 second division.

Frankston joined in 1966 second division

Springy joined in 82

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Kilsyth also at one stage, why I don't know.

Were Berwick ever in the VFA?

As a youngster, I used to see the Tigers every Saturday and the mighty Caulfield bears for home games Sundays . Good times

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Would be a good thread.

I reckon when I was a kid it was Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Preston, Prahran, Dandenong, sunshine, Coburg, Yarraville, Brunswick, Oakleigh, Caulfield, Sandringham, Geelong West, Box Hill, Camberwell, Northcote, Moorabbin.

I think Werribee was later and I can’t remember when Springvale came in? Also Brighton were in the VFA for a while and not sure when Frankston came in.

There were clubs coming in and out over the years, including country clubs. One that many won’t remember is that Traralgon made a 2 year appearance in the VFA coached by Joffa Cunningham and Ballarat east and Bendigo later.
North Ballarat I think Sin I'm an old Eastie can't remember them in the VFA. I remember have a few drinks back in the old days with Daryl Cunningham around the traps. Both of us would have been underage

North Ballarat I think Sin I'm an old Eastie can't remember them in the VFA. I remember have a few drinks back in the old days with Daryl Cunningham around the traps. Both of us would have been underage
Yes, North Ballarat you are right.
Is Daryl the brother of Geoff/Joffa? Joffa did a great Open Mike and he talked a lot about his early days in Ballarat.
Waverley rings a bell, were they in the VFA.
Forgot Waverley. Kevin Morris was recruited from there.

Is Daryl the brother of Geoff/Joffa? Joffa did a great Open Mike and he talked a lot about his early days in Ballarat.

Yes Daryl is younger brother of Joffa played 50+ games with the Saints as well. Both ended up down Latrobe valley way

Mordialloc we’re in second Div VFA too.

Years ago Rex Hunt said it didn’t surprise him that VFA clubs went under. He believed that they’d been spending beyond their means for some time. When he finished his VFL career a VFA club offered him more than he’d made at of his VFL clubs to play for them, and he wasn’t alone in those sort of offers.

We’ve had some ripper VFL players in recent years , not sure this group isn’t as good as any , get some more AFL listed players back and they could give the flag a shake

Reactions: 3 users