Round 13 Other Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 13 Other Games

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Ripping last quarter between Hawthorn and Essendon - Buddy on fire! He is just an athletic freak, so quick for such a big player. He single-handedly kept Hawthorn in that game early in the last.

6 in a row for Hawks now. They aren't in the best form but they're finding ways to win and that's all they need to do. Very tough 2nd half of the draw for them though.

Agree about Buddy. I cringe everytime I watch him because of what could've been. Imagine him roaming CHF with Riewoldt at FF. Also then there's Pav still going around too. Luckily for us Callan Ward has been injured all season because he's also going to be a gun. God we have paid for past mistakes. :help

Barnzy said:
Agree about Buddy. I cringe everytime I watch him because of what could've been. Imagine him roaming CHF with Riewoldt at FF. Also then there's Pav still going around too. Luckily for us Callan Ward has been injured all season because he's also going to be a gun. God we have paid for past mistakes. :help

should have had roughhead too. :)

Barnzy, it is what it is. Move on son.

If we had drafted Pav & Buddy we wouldnt have Chimp & Dusty. Cant see the point in worrying yourself about things so far back.

On Essendon, how far backwards have both Pears & Hurley gone this year.
They would have been earmarked as leading the bookends for the next decade. Worrying signs from both.

Queried Hurleys lack of athleticism at drafting time & its is coming through ILO.

Hawks have turned there year around. Got that wrong, though they have turned the things around that they needed. i.e tackling & pressure.

Still think they are a bit off the top few teams, but they've given themselves a chance.

Leysy Days said:

If we had drafted Pav & Buddy we wouldnt have Chimp & Dusty. Cant see the point in worrying yourself about things so far back.

They would have been earmarked as leading the bookends for the next decade. Worrying signs from both.

Queried Hurleys lack of athleticism at drafting time & its is coming through ILO.

Hawks have turned there year around. Got that wrong, though they have turned the things around that they needed. i.e tackling & pressure.

Still think they are a bit off the top few teams, but they've given themselves a chance.

cracker of a game to watch, but i dont think either of them will go deep in sept.

funny watching the dons. they are meant to have a great spine, but their only forward who could take a mark was bellchambers, and they couldnt stop buddy. stop franklin they win- they needed mcguane down back.

Leysy Days said:

Players will always have a bit of a downhill slide before coming back again. Besides Hurley has looked mentally affected by his legal troubles all year, he's somewhat similar to Jack Reiwoldt IMHO, not very athletic but a tremendous football IQ. He hasn't got the contested marking strength of Reiwoldt but his smarts should enable him to move to good areas.

Leysy Days said:

Yeah, I know it's a waste of time thinking about it but it doesn't help that everytime I watch Franklin tear teams up it reminds up of Tambling.

As for Hurley. Don't think lack of athleticism will stop him. Too much footy smarts not to become a very good player. What Essendon need to do is find some quality midfielders. Too many soldiers and not enough class. Stanton, Winderlich, Watson, Welsh, Prismall, Lovett-Murray. Speaks for itself really. They have enough KPP's to build on in Pears/Hooker, Ryder/Bellchambers, Hurley/Gumbleton.

IanG said:
Players will always have a bit of a downhill slide before coming back again. Besides Hurley has looked mentally affected by his legal troubles all year, he's somewhat similar to Jack Reiwoldt IMHO, not very athletic but a tremendous football IQ. He hasn't got the contested marking strength of Reiwoldt but his smarts should enable him to move to good areas.

One big difference between them you miss on the athletic side Ian.

Riewoldt would jump over Hurley's shoulders off 2 steps, whilst Hurley could have a 50m runup & struggle to get above Jacks ankles.

Leysy Days said:

Seen their next few matches? Bulldogs, Geelong, Lions, StKilda, Bye (Port), Sydney
Can't imagine them winning in the next few weeks, they also play Collingwood in Round 22, as much as I hate Collingwood they could be a good chance to knock them out of the 8 in the last round of the year. I'd love that to happen.

Leysy Days said:
One big difference between them you miss on the athletic side Ian.

Riewoldt would jump over Hurley's shoulders off 2 steps, whilst Hurley could have a 50m runup & struggle to get above Jacks ankles.

Sure but Hurley has other strengths. He's better defensively for example. I actually think Knights should have moved him to defence once he looked like he wasn't going to have a good day up forward.

ZeroGame said:
Seen their next few matches? Bulldogs, Geelong, Lions, StKilda, Bye (Port), Sydney
Can't imagine them winning in the next few weeks, they also play Collingwood in Round 22, as much as I hate Collingwood they could be a good chance to knock them out of the 8 in the last round of the year. I'd love that to happen.
I'm quite happy to have Collingwood last, they have been our bunnies of the last 3 years.

LOL at not rating Hurley, the kid will be a gun. Would be our number 1 defender.

Hawks will def make the 8 now. Too many other teams who are worse (Lions, Port, Bombers)

Wouldn't be getting to excited by Hawthorn just yet - haven't beaten anyone on note and are only making up the numbers in the top eight.

Hurley is obviously affected by his ongoing "judicial" issues and so he should be. Cowardly act assaulting a cab driver.

No-one better to watch than Franklin when on-song. He's a freak alright. Those two goals in succession were unbelievable. If he would only do it once or twice in his career then you'd call it fluke but he nails goals from that left boundary at will. Essendon were slightly unlucky towards the end, with 4 or Hawthorn's last 5 goals being kicked from very very tight angles (and basically making goals out of nothing). However Hawthorn should have finished Essendon off early but for very wayward kicking for goal. The match was intriguing especially that last quarter.

I wouldn't under-estimate Hawthorn. They're warming up. The next month will tell the tale for Hawthorn. Burgoyne was a great pickup for them.

theScabman said:
I'm quite happy to have Collingwood last, they have been our bunnies of the last 3 years.
I seem to recall a 10 goal loss to them a few weeks back.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'd comment on this afternoon's games, but there aren't any. :headscratch

I don't like split rounds. Next week will feel like pre-season for us on here.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Me either, though I was hinting at two games clashing this evening. Wouldn't mind watching Carlton v Freo right now, since I'm unlikely to sit through the replay.

Why fixture the game at night bewilders me? Does the AFL still think that most Melburnians need footy at night and not during the day as we have been habited to follow for 100 years?

TigerFurious said:
Wouldn't be getting to excited by Hawthorn just yet - haven't beaten anyone on note and are only making up the numbers in the top eight.

Hurley is obviously affected by his ongoing "judicial" issues and so he should be. Cowardly act assaulting a cab driver.
He has no more judicial issues,he had them finalised 2 weeks ago and got a fine and no conviction.