Round 1 Team Shape Up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Team Shape Up

Baloo said:
Having just watched the game against the hwaks again, other than Chappy up front, I'm quietly confident we're going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Top 2 finish I reckon.

It really is the best time of year for a Tiger supporter.

Baloo said:
Having just watched the game against the hwaks again, other than Chappy up front, I'm quietly confident we're going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Top 2 finish I reckon.

Big call.
Defence is our main Achilles heel imo, too many battlers like Batch, Astbury, Hunt, etc that can't hit a target (Grimes also for that matter). Chaplin getting on so SuperCoach is sending him forward but I suspect when the heat is on he'll rush him back. Yarran was going to be a help but too much turtle and not enough training. Thank goodness for Rancey and Bach.
Maric looks a light of other years - geez I hope he's sandbagging this pre season because there is NO back-up of substance - and Jack is once again the lone tall forward given our other so-called key forwards keep walking into lamp posts. We are stuffed if Jack goes down.
Fix those minor issues and we're laughing.

17 said:
Big call.
Defence is our main Achilles heel imo, too many battlers like Batch, Astbury, Hunt, etc that can't hit a target (Grimes also for that matter). Chaplin getting on so SuperCoach is sending him forward but I suspect when the heat is on he'll rush him back. Yarran was going to be a help but too much turtle and not enough training. Thank goodness for Rancey and Bach.
Maric looks a light of other years - geez I hope he's sandbagging this pre season because there is NO back-up of substance - and Jack is once again the lone tall forward given our other so-called key forwards keep walking into lamp posts. We are stuffed if Jack goes down.
Fix those minor issues and we're laughing. You forgot Flossy he is a gun !

17 said:
Big call.
Fix those minor issues and we're laughing.

What? Defence is our Achilles? Richmond has 1 of the 3 best defences in the league!!

Watch u token bout Willis?

rinso17 said:
What? Defence is our Achilles? Richmond has 1 of the 3 best defences in the league!!

Watch u token bout Willis?

Yes, built around one brilliant player. How do you think we'd go if something (god forbid!) happened to Alex.
How did we go when he last missed some games with an injury? Who would step up and fill his place; show the leadership required?

leon said:
Yes, built around one brilliant player. How do you think we'd go if something (god forbid!) happened to Alex.
How did we go when he last missed some games with an injury? Who would step up and fill his place; show the leadership required?
They all work well as a unit. Any single one out disrupts it. Remember when Chaplin was out against Melbourne and Hogan tore Rance a new one?

Not for one moment saying they are NOT a unit; players such as Floss, Grimes and Houli are high quality too, it's just that Rance is the key, the cornerstone.
I am quite concerned with our lack of KPDs besides Alex, with Chaplin probably fading away more and big doubts over Astbury and Elton.
Should have addressed this in draft from 2014 but have pursued a plethora of SF types. Aside from C. Moore, latest draft, who might step up in a couple of years.

Elimination Final Richmond team
B: Newman, Batchelor, Rance
HB: Houli, Vlastuin, Chaplin
C: B. Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Edwards
F: Riewoldt, Deledio, Vickery
R: Maric, Grigg, Hunt
IC: Grimes, Miles, Conca, Lambert

In: Griffiths, Conca
Out: Lloyd (omitted), Lennon (omitted)

How the team last lines up in 2015 against North for the finals

So they’re thinking about Cholly for Round 1 – changes the look of my team a bit.

Personally I would pump for Griffo and play one of the other kids first – Menadue, Ellis or maybe Rioli. One of these might still get in if they have a strong showing in the last NAB – but right now I’d put this team on the park:

FB: Vlaus Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Astbury Conca
C: BEllis Martin McIntosh
HF: Lids Jack Lennon
FF: Lloyd Vickery Edwards
R: Maric Cotchin Miles
Townsend Lambert Grigg Chol

FitenFitenWin said:
So they’re thinking about Cholly for Round 1 – changes the look of my team a bit.

Personally I would pump for Griffo and play one of the other kids first – Menadue, Ellis or maybe Rioli. One of these might still get in if they have a strong showing in the last NAB – but right now I’d put this team on the park:

FB: Vlaus Rance Grimes
HB: Houli Astbury Conca
C: BEllis Martin McIntosh
HF: Lids Jack Lennon
FF: Lloyd Vickery Edwards
Townsend Lambert Grigg Chol

No Son of Sarah. No Brother of Kelvin. And no Son of Maurice. What's goin on, FFW? You got something against family? ;D

Hmm. It is hard to fit them all in.

B: Floss Chaplin Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Conca
C: BEllis Townsend Grigg
HF: Lids Jack Martin
F: Lennon Vickery Edwards

Int: Moore Menadue Lambert Rioli

There. Unbeatable.

Dyer'ere said:
No Son of Sarah. No Brother of Kelvin. And no Son of Maurice. What's goin on, FFW? You got something against family? ;D

Hmm. It is hard to fit them all in.

B: Floss Chaplin Grimes
HB: Houli Rance Conca
C: BEllis Townsend Grigg
HF: Lids Jack Martin
F: Lennon Vickery Edwards

Int: Moore Menadue Lambert Rioli

There. Unbeatable.

I like it Jack, especially that forward line.