Round 1 Team Shape Up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Team Shape Up

lamb22 said:
Interesting to see how many of Dimma's drones suit up

Morris, Hunt, Townsend, Moore, Conca, Batch (non composed grunt) and guest drone Griff (non composed non grunt).

I am betting all bar Morris will play (and Morris will be close)

Andrew Moore looked OK against the Hawks, wasn't keen myself, but he had poise as well as grunt

lamb22 said:
Interesting to see how many of Dimma's drones suit up

Morris, Hunt, Townsend, Moore, Conca, Batch (non composed grunt) and guest drone Griff (non composed non grunt).

I am betting all bar Morris will play (and Morris will be close)

How many Games did Morris play last half of last season? Not the walk up start, its a straw man. I like how you've pre-empted his non-inclusion as supporting your argument too, you can't lose! nice.

A fit Conca is an asset, and a classy one, we'll just have to disagree there. You're not on your Pat Malone and I respect that.

JT, you've written him off before the starting gun? Nice!

Moore, as above

Hunt, Mostly did his job last year but will be under more pressure this year, I think he'll be in and out of the side.

Batch, as above, form looks concerning. Dropped off a notch from his best when up a notch will be the minimum. No walk-up start though as evidenced by his past stints in the 2nds. Barring a form improvement most of the season in the 2nds.

Griff, I'm not much of a fan. Can see why he's been perservered with, hope he turns it around. Doesn't really fit with your NCG V CG model though.

On the pre-season, I can't remember ever seeing so many cheap rejects, low picks and rookies showing a bit. And I, like most of you, am a jaded, long-time Tiger who has been subjested to decades of pre-season hype. Good signs. That and the elite players looking good, its been very positive.

Only real negatives for me are Chaplin and Batch, maybe Griff but wasn't expecting that much. Ledger very much on the positive.

Some drones are needed and I'd plump for Conca and Townsend at this stage (basically just to see what Townsend has got).

I believe Hardwick gets the balance wrong. On the basis that Beanie is persona non grata my round 1 team at present would be

Grimes Rance Astbury(if fit, Chaplin otherwise)
Conca Flossy Houli
Menadue Miles C Ellis
Deledio Jack Martin
Lloyd Ty Lennon
Maric Townsend Cotchin

Int: Lambert Shed Grigg B Ellis

Em Rioli Marcon Markov Kmac

My concern is not round 1 but round 2 against the filth they have a mid field that will smash how's we play them twice this year if we are going to be top 4 need to beat them

My hope for Rd 2 is that Simon does a job on Trelor and makes him regret backtracking on the agreement to come to us.

Evening everybody! ;D

The tables have turned I'm afraid. For years I used to love fronting up to round 1 knowing we'd crush Richmond's season in a half of footy.

The reverse is going to happen this year and for a couple of years to come.

Tigers by 12 goals.

BluesBloke said:
Evening everybody! ;D

The tables have turned I'm afraid. For years I used to love fronting up to round 1 knowing we'd crush Richmond's season in a half of footy.

Tigers by 12 goals.

So what will happen after quarter time then?

Do think KMac will be a fall guy this year. Rioli next season. Astbury Lions did not want him. The Dustman well everyone wants him cooling off on a half forward flank. Put the Dustman in the boiler house (centre ball ups) with Miles. Cotch & Lids wings. Down back Rance fullback as for the rest who is going to miss out.

Tigaman said:
Do think KMac will be a fall guy this year. Rioli next season. Astbury Lions did not want him. The Dustman well everyone wants him cooling off on a half forward flank. Put the Dustman in the boiler house (centre ball ups) with Miles. Cotch & Lids wings. Down back Rance fullback as for the rest who is going to miss out.
so let me get this straight, you're saying...

Nope, i've got nothing. Good point, well made.

se7en said:
Chaplin in the backline?

I'm expecting him to play the first 5-6 games in the forward line

Hardwick does have a strong history of poor foresight positional moves with players in the forward line.

Chaplin in the forward line could cost us a couple early wins.

BluesBloke said:
Evening everybody! ;D

Tigers by 12 goals.

I think you are a couple of years late to come to this realisation but to be fair you are a Carlton supporter.

BluesBloke said:

Tigers by 12 goals.
Turned turtle BBgun. Rolled over n surrendered without even loading the chamber. It's probably almost funny, but I had a blues supporter telling me on Monday that they were certainties to beat up on us, as you'd rested all your star players against Essendrugs to get them ready for round one against us.
Near full strength against the Hawks you kicked four goals. Half strength against Essendrugs leftovers you kicked four goals.
Knowing how we're apt to trip over our own feet when we should be smashing it, I'll sit back n simply be grateful if we don't *smile* up round one completely, but for the rest of the year I'd be almost tempted to feel sorry for Carlton if I wasn't laughing so hard.
Your mob's gunna be in for a world of pain over the next few years, something us Tiger supporters are well acquainted with.

I,VE said before our coach is over loyal, and if chaplain has others ahead of him, we must play them, who else would believe that morris could play forward, its seems that when hardwick has to cull a regular from our side, blind loyalty comes into play and he trys to find them a new position in the firsts, this must be done in our vfl side.
Newman didnt deserve a game on merit for last two years, but still was plAyed despite numerous almost no pocession halves.

Having just watched the game against the hwaks again, other than Chappy up front, I'm quietly confident we're going to be one of the teams to beat this year. Top 2 finish I reckon.