Round 1 Team Shape Up | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Round 1 Team Shape Up

B Grimes Chaplin Batchelor
HB Vlastuin Rance Houli
C Grigg Miles B.Ellis
HF Deledio Riewoldt Edwards
F Lennon Vickery Lambert
Foll Maric, Martin, Cotchin
Inter McIntosh, Conca, Hunt, Townsend
Emerg Mendaue, Lloyd, C.Ellis

toothless said:
B Grimes Chaplin Batchelor
HB Vlastuin Rance Houli
C Grigg Miles B.Ellis
HF Deledio Riewoldt Edwards
F Lennon Vickery Lambert
Emerg Mendaue, Lloyd, C.Ellis

I reckon thats pretty close, though I think 1 of CEllis or Menadue will play instead of Hunt.

B: Grimes, Rance, Batchelor
HB: Vlastuin, Chaplin, Houli
C: Grigg, Miles, B. Ellis
HF: Deledio, Riewoldt, Edwards
F: Lennon, Vickery, Lambert
R: Maric, Cotchin, Martin
I/C: Griffiths, Townsend, Conca, C. Ellis

Rioli, and maybe Yarran, will debut for us in the Dreamtime game.

That's straight from a mate of mine who's married to a girl who's sister lives in a flat above the bloke that sells one of the bootstudders his meat pies before a home game.

tigersnake said:
Kicked a goal. And created a vibe
:hihi

B Grimes Rance Batchelor
HB Vlastuin Chaplin Houli
C Grigg Miles B.Ellis
HF Deledio Riewoldt Lennon
F Edwards Vickery Lambert
Emerg Menadue, Lloyd, Moore

C.Ellis needs to do more.

Too early to come up with a team for round 1, but I will say 1 thing ,

Menadue will be playing , guaranteed

yandb said:
Based on what?

Personally I think Chaplin is a third tall.
He's a weak bodied defender who's too often beaten in the air by stronger opponents.
Running off his man is his go. He has done that well for us but he's no number 2 key back and he is in decline.

Rioli? I think his forward pressure with Edwards was a real highlight yesterday.
He can stick a tackle as well as anybody and had 4 yesterday and a heap of pressure acts too. Given his obsession with what Jake King brought, Hardwick will love that.
Couple that with his X Factor, ability to sniff a goal and dish them off I have no doubt whatsoever he will be in contention.

Baloo said:
Rioli, and maybe Yarran, will debut for us in the Dreamtime game.

That's straight from a mate of mine who's married to a girl who's sister lives in a flat above the bloke that sells one of the bootstudders his meat pies before a home game.
Has the masseur confirmed it?

Houli Rance grimes
Hunt Chaplin Vlastuin
Mcintosh Deledio menadue
Martin Vickery C Ellis
Rioli Riewoldt Lennon
Maric Cotchin Edwards

I/c from: Moore Townsend B Ellis Miles
Batch Conca lambert

It's not easy to pick so breaking into the team must be super-hard

B-N.Vlaustin, T.Chaplin, D.Grimes
HB-B.Houli, A.Rance, R.Conca
C-B.Ellis, A.Miles, C.Menadue
HF-B.Delidio, T.Vickery, D.Martin
F-S.Edwards, J.Reidwolt, B.Lennon
Foll-I.Maric, T.Cotchin, J.Townsend
Int-S.Grigg, K.Lambert, J.Batchelor, K.McIntosh
Emergency-C.Ellis, A.Moore, B.Griffths

Chaplin probably hasn't done enough to earn a game but I think we need at least one other big defender. C.Ellis will be a gun but needs to get involved more than he has done so far. I would like to have another player who can pinch hit in the ruck other than Ty as I think he made some good progress in the last half of 2015 as a key forward. However Griff needs to get more involved and the coaches don't seem to want to give McBean a game.

I certainly like a number of ideas been thrown about in this thread but we should remember that Dimma is an arch conservatist so will make little change to last years team except for retirments or injury for the first game.

Ripplestick said:
No room for chapstick or *smile*. But they might try and have chapstick in the forward half who they can throw back if desperate. .. really desperate.
Generally, you use your chapstick up front, but if you have an *smile* it's definitely worth trying it down back.

You would think of the first two outings that from last years elimination final the additions would be-

Townsend
Lennon
Menadue and

Yarran later on.....

Possibles---

Rioli
Oleg
Moore(Port ex)

Griffiths and Vickery will both play round 1 barring injuries / concussion

Maric will need chop out by both in ruck

Interesting part is up back - do they go with Astbury - if they do - where does Chaplin play

Surely cannot have Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes, Bachelor all in the back half - lack of leg speed there

QUOTE: [Surely cannot have Rance, Astbury, Chaplin, Grimes, Bachelor all in the back half - lack of leg speed there].

Correct, but Rance and Grimes have speed; not the other three. This is why Broad might be needed; another option to run it out of the backline and deliver it.

Chaplin will still be needed down back because opposition will always have two strong-bodied talls at least e.g. Carlscum - if Rance takes Everett, who will take Casboult, not to mention others spending time forward such as Rowe or Kreuzer? Really rate Grimes, but Dimma gives him roles on mobile forwards usually.

Batchelor to miss in all likelihood and Astbury will be injury insurance.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Houli Rance grimes
Hunt Chaplin Vlastuin
Mcintosh Deledio menadue
Martin Vickery C Ellis
Rioli Riewoldt Lennon
Maric Cotchin Edwards

I/c from: Moore Townsend B Ellis Miles
Batch Conca lambert

It's not easy to pick so breaking into the team must be super-hard

Chaplin in the backline?

I'm expecting him to play the first 5-6 games in the forward line

Interesting to see how many of Dimma's drones suit up

Morris, Hunt, Townsend, Moore, Conca, Batch (non composed grunt) and guest drone Griff (non composed non grunt).

I am betting all bar Morris will play (and Morris will be close)