Ricky Petterd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ricky Petterd

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Breaking Denham news just said on sen that Richmond will rookie Pettard!

Re: Petrard will be Rookied

He said Big O likely ahead of Balsa Wood and Pettard maybe.

Personally i cant really see a role for Pettard now especially with the arrival of Knights and McDonough.

Knights, Martin and Cotchin rotating, S Edwards, A Edwards, O Hanlon, McDonough, Jack, TV, Elton, Astbury, King, Nahas all these guys cant fit into the forward line.

Id prefer a coupla midfielders and a couple of dveloping talls.

craig said:
He said Big O likely ahead of Balsa Wood and Pettard maybe.

We appear to be the 3rd club to decide that ‘lion man’ Wood doesn’t have the gumption to be an AFL ruck.

On paper Wood is taller, more talented and younger than Stephenson, if he can’t beat him out in a preseason competition then he has only himself to blame.

craig said:
Personally i cant really see a role for Pettard now especially with the arrival of Knights and McDonough.

Depth, depth and more depth. For a rookie salary he's decent value, my only concern is fitness, I trust the medicos have done their homework.

bullus_hit said:
Depth, depth and more depth. For a rookie salary he's decent value, my only concern is fitness, I trust the medicos have done their homework.

If he comes good the Dees will look pretty folly but they were shown right to cut A.Maric so I'm not holding my breath on Ricky P.

Tigers of Old said:
If he comes good the Dees will look pretty folly but they were shown right to cut A.Maric so I'm not holding my breath on Ricky P.

Big difference between the two, Pettard is a Rising Star nominee, proven matchwinner on his day and has a strong defensive side to his game, Maric has shown zilch over the course of his career, apart from one 30 possession game against a bottom 4 side.

How many times last year did we have more inside 50's & lose ? Heaps. The more options inside 50 the better, add Vickery,A.Edwards Knights & Pettard to the mix & we are way more potent

Tigers of Old said:
You're right there Maric hasn't had severe achillies problems.

That's why I mentioned the injury problems a few posts ago, one simply has to trust our medical staff on this one.

bullus_hit said:
That's why I mentioned the injury problems a few posts ago, one simply has to trust our medical staff on this one.

Agree. Definitely worth the punt IF they believe he can hold up. Have my doubts about achillies injuries.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree. Definitely worth the punt IF they believe he can hold up. Have my doubts about achillies injuries.

You have doubts on Pettards injuries issues, but for foley you have a tottally different view.
Both of them can't stand up without falling over

zippadeee said:
You have doubts on Pettards injuries issues, but for foley you have a tottally different view.

I don't think so. I reckon I remeber ToO voicing his concerns about Foley as well.

bullus_hit said:
Big difference between the two, Pettard is a Rising Star nominee, proven matchwinner on his day and has a strong defensive side to his game, Maric has shown zilch over the course of his career, apart from one 30 possession game against a bottom 4 side.

Proven match winner?? The Dees have barely won a game for years. Adding Pettard as a rookie is as much of a waste of a rookie spot as Maric was always going to be. Pettard has been deplorable in the last couple of years. Picking up Melbourne discards is a complete waste of time.

jb03 said:
Proven match winner?? The Dees have barely won a game for years. Adding Pettard as a rookie is as much of a waste of a rookie spot as Maric was always going to be. Pettard has been deplorable in the last couple of years. Picking up Melbourne discards is a complete waste of time.

Come on man how about turtle miller???
He is/was the slowest footballer I've ever seen, opps I almost forgot Jurica..
I'm with you 100%.