Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

geoffryprettyboy said:
Patrick Bowden & Paul Hudson were guns for the Bulldogs.

I think that might have been P.Bowdens 1st game

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

I watched the last qtr & it was great to see the boys back when we had a good yr.Up fwd looked dangerous with Richo & Ottens,mid with Knights & Gale & defence looked solid with Gaspar at his best & Cameron,also with Holland at least providing some size.Geez it shows how bad we are now when you think how much that team would beat our current line up bye.

TigerForce said:
I always wondered why the Saints got rid of Sziller. Not a top player but helped us a lot in those years.

Terrible jumpers by the way.

Sziller?? In same bracket as Holland, Graham, McMahon, Kingsley....the list goes on, limited footballers given lifelines by the RFC

Big Cat Lover said:
Sziller?? In same bracket as Hudson, Graham, McMahon, Kingsley....the list goes on, limited footballers given lifelines by the RFC

Oops, meant to write Hudson not Holland

Great to watch but also very sad.

If you look at both clubs curretn lists and positions within the AFL it's simply demonstrates how bad our coaching, recruiting and list management has been over the past 8 years. Both clubs have had to turn over their lists and coaches in that time.

Compare what the doggies have done to us. It just demonstrates how far we are away from this competitiveness. 3 to 5 years at least.

Gees I hope I am wrong, cos it's just great to watch a competitive Richmond unit, let alone one that will make finals.

I think this game is also proof that Danny Frawley can coach.

Just can't manage a list to save himself.

thejinx said:

He wasn't alone on your second point....

thejinx said:

He still didn't have a plan B, so wasn't that good a coach

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10

getbacktoglorydays said:
If you look at both clubs curretn lists and positions within the AFL it's simply demonstrates how bad our coaching, recruiting and list management has been over the past 8 years. Both clubs have had to turn over their lists and coaches in that time.

Of those still playing from the game..(don't think I've missed anyone)

Johnson, Giansiracusa, Murphy & Eagleton at the Dogs.

Otto at the Cats.

All ours gone with Richo, Browny & Bowden finishing up last year.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10

Tigers of Old said:
Of those still playing from the game..(don't think I've missed anyone)

Johnson, Giansiracusa, Murphy & Eagleton at the Dogs.

Otto at the Cats.

All ours gone with Richo, Browny & Bowden finishing up last year.

That said, we had a pretty good spread of youth and experience that year. Although Coughlan, Fiora, Pettifer, (and to a lesser extent Ottens) didn't turn out like they should, we had a good spread.

What was interesting though was how quick the game looked. Guys were playing on at every opportunity, and it was just so much more enjoyable to watch. Game flowed much better...

The Richmond of 2000??

I think it was 2000 The game against the doggies on Foxtel this week. We won what's more. Oh for the likes of Ottens at FF, the silky skills of Leon Cameron with both feet, Matthew Knights, and the hardness of Duncan Kellaway. Rory Hilton had skill as well. Richo was pretty good as well. Yes, we had some duds, but with the above and add Campbell for good measure and it was not that bad a side. Good old much maligned Gaspar... Rosy's love child I think...and Benny our President rucking almost all day we looked OK. How I would love some of those types playing today. I emphasise, those types of players. Tough, skilled and dedicated.

Re: The Richmond of 2000??

What a ridiculous thread!

Why not go back to 1980? Lee, Raines, Weightman, Cloke,Jess etc.

Why not go back to 73' 74? Hart, Bourke, Bartlett, Balme, Clay, McGhie, Green etc.

Need I go on?

sashback said:

Why not go back to 73' 74? Hart, Bourke, Bartlett, Balme, Clay, McGhie, Green etc.

Need I go on?

Ridiculous or not to you, it was still enjoyable to watch a win by the Tigers against a pretty good side in those days in the Doggies. Interesting to see from the Dogs, Johnson, Murphy and Giansiracusa (query correct spelling) still playing today.

sashback said:

Need I go on?
No,l'm hearing Graystar,nothing wrong with a bit of relection instead of the current dejection