Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Leysy Days said:
Goal Hilton. ;D

Go Tiges !!

We can win this ;D

Where's Cogs??

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Cameron could play a bit too

TigerForce said:
Go Tiges !!

We can win this ;D

Where's Cogs??

2001 was his first year. Didn't play too many games if I recall correctly.

Ridley said:
2001 was his first year. Didn't play too many games if I recall correctly.

This is his 5th game with 3 disposals. 19 years old.

Yellow numbers on the back looks heaps better

Richo having a barry crocker

TigerForce said:
This is his 5th game with 3 disposals. 19 years old.

Needs more time to settle in. Send him back to Coburg.
We cant afford to be running these youngsters into the groud early.
Injuries might be very taxing!

Skills said:
Needs more time to settle in. Send him back to Coburg.
We cant afford to be running these youngsters into the groud early.
Injuries might be very taxing!

What a wasted asset Cogs was hey?

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10)

rosy23 said:
If so it would be great if anyone can take note of who turned our hair grey by almost giving a free in their goals near the end of the game. I thought it was Bourkey but recall someone a few months ago saying it was a different player.

Was that the controversial tackle on Browny?

TigerForce said:
What a wasted asset Cogs was hey?

He was a great player, ah what he could've been had he stayed injury free. A broken Cog did pave way for a great Axl though.

Just caught the last 20 mins, that was uplifting after what we've been through so far this year.
Richo stood up in that last qtr. Nice reminder to how good Gas was in his prime, Cameron off half back was such a weapon & the vision of Knights.

Really enjoyed watching this match How good was Browney for the Dogs and Ottens what a star! Amazing how Ottens could turn it on and other games look totally uninterested. He never showed much emotion though. Leon Cameron was a fantastic recruit.

Walls continual sniping early in the match and then goes quiet when we are winning. Can hardly disguise his dislike for Richmond, how the hell did he coach us

We had quite a few tall players back then. Not many players in our current team who can take a good contested mark. Funny enough, even some of the so called duds are able to mark and hit targets better than we can at the moment.

It is really depressing lately and I want to believe that our young boys will go on to be stars and we can all go to the footy and enjoy that winning feeling again. I knew this year was going to be tough, but I never realised just how uncompetitive we would be.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/1

Good god! Watching that brings back some good memories!

Knights - what a champion! Skills! One of the best kicks to a lead I have seen. I think he got left dropped far too early.
Richo - turning it on in the last - was nice to get a reminder of how he could turn matches.
Ottens - played an absolute belter. Surely we could have done more to keep him.
Gaspar - at his prime, very fast, and very good in the contest. Matched it with Grant all night.
Bowden - looked a lot better in a good side, as opposed to playing behind the ball in a losing side.
Holland - great contesting and lots of marks in defense.

Broders and Benny didn't have their best matches but when helped form the core of a team that made the prelim. Plus Campbell who played ok on this occasion, but to be frank I never really rated him anyway.

Lot's of really good big men in the side. I don't think we have anyone on the list with the potential of Richo, Ottens, Gaspar, Holland or Benny these days.

Was good to see a side winning the 1 on 1 contests, and moving the ball quickly.

Even football in 2001 was more exciting than it is today. This zoning *smile* really has ruined our game.

Barkdog said:
No one gushes quite like Bruce!

Nathan Brown what a gun he was

"It makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand straight up watching Brown, He's magnificent" Classic Bruce :)

Free kicks paid: 28
2010 average: 38

Tackles: 88
2010 average: 134

Kicks/handballs ratio: 63:37
2010 average: 53:47

Also noted with five minutes remaining in the first quarter, someone remarked "Richmond's made four interchanges already", and the Bulldogs hadn't made any.

Very different game today.

Disco Stu said:
Just caught the last 20 mins, that was uplifting after what we've been through so far this year.
Richo stood up in that last qtr. Nice reminder to how good Gas was in his prime, Cameron off half back was such a weapon & the vision of Knights.
Oh what a joy it was to watch Leon Cameron kick a football,and on both sides of his body.
Especially while wearing a Richmond jumper.

Agree about Leon michael. Pity we got him late in his career and for such a short period. It was a pleasure to watch him play.

Patrick Bowden & Paul Hudson were guns for the Bulldogs.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Patrick Bowden & Paul Hudson were guns for the Bulldogs.

Any chance we could get either of these guys in the 2010 draft - they would be just the type we need to top up for our Premiership tilt in 2011.