Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 Foxsports Chooseday next week

Geez Hilton was robbed from injury right throughout his career.

Had some absolutely massive hurdles to overcome.

Also, how did we force Gale into retirement at the end of that season.
Was still a force, which also enabled Ottens to play up forward.

Tigers of Old said:
That was the single best year in his career. Was going to be a superstar.

I really forgot how good he was that year....I harbor a lot of angst towards him but he's vindicated himself 100 times over leaving us.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10)

michael roach said:
Remember it well,atmosphere was unbelievable behind the goals near the grog squad.

Geez it`s bloody depressing to see how far we`ve stooped since 2001.

We'll be back, just hang in there, don't let the media dictate what to believe about us, we're in a stronger position now than we were 5 years ago.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Watching Fiona gives me nightmares.

Leysy Days said:
Had some absolutely massive hurdles to overcome.

His lack of footy nous was the biggest one. Typical RFC footballer; OK in some areas but way too many deficiencies.

Leysy Days said:
Also, how did we force Gale into retirement at the end of that season.
Was still a force, which also enabled Ottens to play up forward.

What happened with Gale? Did we really force him into retirement? My memory is that he still played pretty good footy in 2001.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

Barnzy said:
Watching Fiona gives me nightmares.

IMO still our worst draft pick of recent times. A tragedy that Pavlich didn't make his way to RFC instead of that waste of space.

No one gushes quite like Bruce!

Nathan Brown what a gun he was

Game Day Thread - 2001

Goal to Browny

C'mon Tiges we're still in it. :hihi

Ridley said:
His lack of footy nous was the biggest one. Typical RFC footballer; OK in some areas but way too many deficiencies.

2 reco's, busted shoulder, busted jaw.

But the major one was his eye injury in his early days In Brisbane. Was very very serious.
Well within his rights to retire.

Talk to people before that injury. There was no better young footballer in his age group in Australia.

Ridley said:
What happened with Gale? Did we really force him into retirement? My memory is that he still played pretty good footy in 2001.

Certainly did. Salary cap issues. Couldnt pay him, preferred to role out the big dollars to Ben Holland.

Leysy Days said:
Certainly did. Salary cap issues. Couldnt pay him, preferred to role out the big dollars to Ben Holland.

Fair dinkum? *smile* hell; geez we made so many shithouse decisions over the years ::)

Leysy Days said:
2 reco's, busted shoulder, busted jaw.

But the major one was his eye injury in his early days In Brisbane. Was very very serious.
Well within his rights to retire.

Talk to people before that injury. There was no better young footballer in his age group in Australia.

Maybe so. Still displayed attributes of a dumb footballer at RFC.

I always wondered why the Saints got rid of Sziller. Not a top player but helped us a lot in those years.

Terrible jumpers by the way.

Leysy Days said:

My recollection also. Adelaide threw money at Holland, West Coast and Fremantle at Gaspar (All-Australian that year). Only peanuts left for Gale.

Know a bit about the Gale brothers. That is fact on Benny.

Ready said:
My recollection also. Adelaide threw money at Holland, West Coast and Fremantle at Gaspar (All-Australian that year). Only peanuts left for Gale.

Yeah I do remember the big offers for Gaspar and Holland but didn't recall thenm being the reason Gale was squeezed. Makes sense though.

Gee, we really got our value for money with Subpar and *smile* Truck :eek:

Leysy Days said:
Know a bit about the Gale brothers. That is fact on Benny.

Happy to take your word on that Boozy. I know you're from the same town as them; population is about 17 people so no doubt you'd know them 8)

Benny was 33 and in his 12th year so probably wanted to continue his law degree.

Ridley said:
Yeah I do remember the big offers for Gaspar and Holland but didn't recall thenm being the reason Gale was squeezed. Makes sense though.

Gee, we really got our value for money with Subpar and sh!t Truck :eek:

They were both on massive coin as well. Gaspar for 5 years as the highest paid at he club. Holland 3 years on the back of 10 decent games.

Good to see Knights running around again. How classy was he.

Goal Hilton. ;D