Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10) [Merged]

DancingHomea

Tiger Cub
Jun 9, 2008
The Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 is one of the options for next weeks Fox sports AFL chooseday night Football.
Plz go to the website and vote as many times as possible.

http://signup.foxsports.com.au/competition/AFLChoosedayNight

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001
Some rivalries are initiated over a lengthy period of close matches, others erupt on the back of one vicious incident. The ill-feeling between the Tigers and Bulldogs stems back to the first meeting between the two sides in 2001. Tony Liberatore opened up Matthew Knights's head with a blow that cost him five weeks. Nobody had forgotten the clash when they met in round 17 of the same season.

Western Bulldogs 15.10.100 Richmond 15.12.102

Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10)

Foxsports is showing the Richmond V Western Bulldogs round 17 2001 match tonight at 8:30pm on Foxsports 1

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 on Foxsports tonight (4/05/10)

Is that the Every Dog Has It's Day revenge match? If so it would be great if anyone can take note of who turned our hair grey by almost giving a free in their goals near the end of the game. I thought it was Bourkey but recall someone a few months ago saying it was a different player. It's just one of those games that sticks in my mind, similar to our slog fest against the Hawkers at lake Waverley and our last round effort under Geish at the OO ruining Carlton's finals chances

Definitely will be recording this one. Was the last time we played half decent footy too.

Can't believe it's almost 10 years ago...

It's a shame I don't have Foxtel. Probably the only chance Richmond supporters will have of watching a win this year.

That was my first year of footy and it was the first game I thought I would have a heart attack at.

So glad we won !

:D ;D :D

Also, was that the "Win it and we're in it" game?

rosy23 said:
Is that the Every Dog Has It's Day revenge match? If so it would be great if anyone can take note of who turned our hair grey by almost giving a free in their goals near the end of the game. I thought it was Bourkey but recall someone a few months ago saying it was a different player. It's just one of those games that sticks in my mind, similar to our slog fest against the Hawkers at lake Waverley and our last round effort under Geish at the OO ruining Carlton's finals chances

Was definately Bourkey Rosy, he nearly ripped the Doggies players head off ;D

Remember it well,atmosphere was unbelievable behind the goals near the grog squad.

Geez it`s bloody depressing to see how far we`ve stooped since 2001.

Was that player Browny? Or am I thinking of a different match?

Was this the one at the then called "Colonial Stadium" because I can remember sitting behind the Dog's bench and absolutely given to any & all Bulldog officials after the siren.

Re: Richmond v Western Bulldogs, round 17, 2001 Foxsports Chooseday next week

Tigers and Doggies on now.

How did Libba ever win a Brownlow??!?!

Ottens killing them early. Why did we ever get rid of him!! :rofl

Ottens with 2 marks and 2 goals in few few minutes :p

Clinton King wouldnt look out of place in our current team on body size alone! :hihi

velo said:
Was that player Browny? Or am I thinking of a different match?

You are correct. Jughead Bourke nearly ripped Browny's head off right in front of goal. Unbelievable that the umpire missed it.

Tigers of Old said:
That was the single best year in his career. Was going to be a superstar.

Sure was. Dermie's drooling over him in the commentary box