Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Freo Rd 10- Game day thread [Merged]

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Really looking for the game tonight. Freo are ripe for the picking. If we believe in ourselves then we can do it.

Sounds like ideal conditions. Not much wind. No rain. 16-18 is a bit of a heatwave compared to Vic in the last few days.

No excuses. Go Tiges.

Re: Round 10 game day thread

rosy23 said:
Really looking for the game tonight. Freo are ripe for the picking. If we believe in ourselves then we can do it.

Sounds like ideal conditions. Not much wind. No rain. 16-18 is a bit of a heatwave compared to Vic in the last few days.

No excuses. Go Tiges.

Would love to think you right Rosalita, however, I have some misgivings as we may struggle against the top team, crowd and umpires. have you read the HS today on the disparity between some teams with the number of frees?

We have done better than Freo buy a big margin. The Tigers have received more frees this year than last year and Freo quite a few less. Hope the umpies have not read this article.

Haven't read the H/S Gray but if we're counting on the umpires for a win we could be in trouble. Got to take our destiny into our own hands.

Been great that we have won the past 3, but they have all been against mediocre opposition who are not up to the standard of Freo, at least not at this point in time.

Tonight is a big step up in class. Our gameplan, discipline and skill level we be put under more pressure than our boys have experienced this year.

Think we will be found wanting.

Take it to the bank, we'll win tonight

year of the tiger said:
not one tipper in HS or age have tipped us - not even for a sneaky upset

Only one in The Age tipped us against Port.

For the first time this year I considered tipping against us. But heart ruled the head again.

Absolutely spewing I have to work tonight.

:gotigers

I have this irksome feeling that a lot of the confidence and good vibes we've been putting together over the last three weeks will be destroyed tonight. I see us getting absolutely thrashed. But that's not the end of the world against a side that's far and away top of the ladder. I hope we just show enough tonight.

rosy23 said:
Haven't read the H/S Gray but if we're counting on the umpires for a win we could be in trouble. Got to take our destiny into our own hands.

Agreed the umpires should not determine the outcome. Would love to be like Collingwood though and get all those soft frees in front of goal. It is not how many a team gets, it is where they get them that counts.

rosy23 said:

No excuses. Go Tiges.

Great to see you pumped for a game Rosy. Like some of us "oldies" it was a little hard there for a while but "unexpected" wins the last three weeks have raised my spirits and even had the odd Tiger goosebumps or three.

Hiding to nothing. We come up against a team who some cheekily are saying will go undefeated and on the other hand we now want to measure not only our last 3 weeks but how far Dimma has progressed this club. Will the Ty-Griff-Jack forward work? Can our defense have another massive game absorbing immense pressure (like the day Q3 v Port). Will Dusty-Ellis-Lids-Cotch-Griig-Miles do enough to give is quality movement.. What have the kids got do show (Mendue-C , Ells). Can we use the open spaces our advantage at Subbi... so many questions.

More so, can we come our really switched on and deliver 120 on immense concentration and ferocity. That what will propel the club back up, the ability to deliver across an entire game, hold it when we have to and manic playing on when we play with some risk.

So mach more than just going 6 and 4 (5-5 if we loose). Wait and see.

Hungry1962 said:
Great to see you pumped for a game Rosy....

Haha Hungry. I never think we can't win a game...history shows I'm wrong more often than right though worse luck.

rosy23 said:
Haha Hungry. I never think we can't win a game...history shows I'm wrong more often than right though worse luck.

This little black duck used to think like that Rosy. These days I just expect to lose but hope we win. Too many disappointments over the past few years.

Reckon we'll put on a good show tonight, close one I think.

Tiges by 7 points.

As someone succunctly put it before the Port match, this match could either be a very closely fought out affair with one teams just scraping a win, or it could be a blow out for Freo or a blow out for us.

You missed an option Baloo - a very closely fought out affair ending in a draw!

Wildride said:
You missed an option Baloo - a very closely fought out affair ending in a draw!

Or one of the teams breaks away with a hundred point lead. The other team runs all over them to level the score. Final siren sounds.