Richmond should rest 22 players in Round 23 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond should rest 22 players in Round 23

Nico said:
Do we have one? Maybe Arnot

I agree. If they go the knuckle, tell him to run through as many of their remaining top 22 as possible. Don't bother about the replacements.

Not much point us going the knuckle as most of the north players will be there next week anyway. Certainly not the good ones anyway.

Tigers of Old said:
I am pretty p!ssed off with the AFL that they have allowed North to do this.
Bought a couple of 3121 guest passes earlier in the week in good faith that we'd see a fair contest.
Now it feels like I have paid for a dead rubber.
The AFL doesn't condone tanking but they rubber stamp it?? :blah

This AFL approved rigging of teams prior to the finals is an absolute FARCE!
Its a disgrace really and is a bad look for a professional competition.
In the near future, teams will do this to lose deliberately to avoid playing a final in WA or QLD... see what follows then.

Maybe we should just both forfeit, take the 2 points and get on with the final the week after. It makes about as much sense as what Norf are apparently proposing to do. Let's just smash them twice in a row and laugh at Brad Scott as he fumes in the coaches box.

Actually this is another reason for my suggestion posted elsewhere that in the first week of the finals, 5th should be able to choose their opponent out of 7th and 8th (same with 1st, 3rd and 4th).
The real reason is that if an interstate team finishes 7th, 5th would rather play them than 8th.
But this is another reason.
What's causing this problem is that North know that if they lose they will play us again the following week.
With this rule there would be some doubt - they would not know that in advance.

I think this is a very desperate move from North, don't want to play the Crows in Adelaide and don't want to play the Tiges 2 weeks in a row at full strength. If they beat us tonight and Geelong beat the Crows they could have a home final. Also what would the replacement players at North be thinking?

antman said:
ol' Pess is either a "character" or a troll. My money's on the latter.

I joined ten years ago

So it'd be a pretty good troll. One of the interne llongest

The fact is I'm a Richmond fan / member who was born post 1980

Jake said:
I think this is a very desperate move from North, don't want to play the Crows in Adelaide and don't want to play the Tiges 2 weeks in a row at full strength. If they beat us tonight and Geelong beat the Crows they could have a home final. Also what would the replacement players at North be thinking?

Can you clarify how Norf are being "very desperate ?

DirtyDogTiger said:
What are the weather conditions?

If it's like last Saturday night then I'll be pretty concerned.

If they play their b side they won't catch us, we'll play uncontested footy and they won't catch us.
If they were that good they'd be in the team.
Norths first 22 aren't THAT good anyway

I tell you what

In Hampson Knights gordon cotchin
Out maric lids and martin Jack

How's that?

It's at Etihad roof will be closed

pessimistic_ said:
I joined ten years ago

Really, wow you come across like a crotchety old man.

pessimistic_ said:
Can you clarify how Norf are being "very desperate ?

Maybe desperate was not right Pess, weak as *smile* might be.

pessimistic_ said:
I joined ten years ago

A caricature then?

I genuinely believe what I say.

You are allowed to think independently. Of the hive mind (Until one gets banned hahah)

Two teams , maybe , playing two weeks in a row. 120 per game.
It's not that strange. Concept - that the side resting the best ten players might havea significant advantage.

Given the amount of running in the game now.

... Not just a river in Egypt

pessimistic_ said:
I joined ten years ago

With 10 years in between posts (2005-2015)

Jail? ;D