Richmond should rest 22 players in Round 23 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond should rest 22 players in Round 23

Reported that Scott will be resting about 10 players.
IMO going to be a dirty game expect them to hit us hard. :smash :boxing :bash
Replacement players not afraid of being suspended as they werent in the mix for playing int their finals team anyway

btoz_01 said:
Reported that Scott will be resting about 10 players.
IMO going to be a dirty game expect them to hit us hard. :smash :boxing :bash
Replacement players not afraid of being suspended as they werent in the mix for playing int their finals team anyway

For that, read the AFL web site and Wayne Carey's advice to North. Go the knuckle and hurt Richmond players so they can be in trouble for the 1st. final. Hate that sort of attitude, and injuries could be the result of his tirade.

graystar1 said:
For that, read the AFL web site and Wayne Carey's advice to North. Go the knuckle and hurt Richmond players so they can be in trouble for the 1st. final. Hate that sort of attitude, and injuries could be the result of his tirade.

Thanks
Dont need to be Einstein to see what may happen.
Big lot of good its going to do us. If Roos players that come in get suspended and our players come off second best or also get reported (suspended)
It could turn into a real farce as both teams are really playing for nothing. With one side possibly out there just to hurt the opposition and I dont mean on the scoreboard :smash

graystar1 said:

How the hell can the afll allow that sort of rubbish to be posted.

DirtyDogTiger said:
if Scott thinks a week off will turn NORT around, he's dreaming.

You've all turned hysterical

Far from hysterical
Here you have a so called club great Carey telling North VFL side to go out and do some hurt as they will be better off come 1st final.
AFL hasnt thought about what may happen as these 2 teams will more than likely meet again the following week.
No fear of being suspended as you have to murder someone in cold blood to get 2 weeks

What are the weather conditions?

If it's like last Saturday night then I'll be pretty concerned.

If they play their b side they won't catch us, we'll play uncontested footy and they won't catch us.
If they were that good they'd be in the team.
Norths first 22 aren't THAT good anyway

I tell you what

In Hampson Knights gordon cotchin
Out maric lids and martin Jack

How's that?

DirtyDogTiger said:

If they play their b side they won't catch us, we'll play uncontested footy and they won't catch us.

I tell you what

How's that?

Once again our game v Roos is at their home ground Etihad weather wont matter
Maybe also rest Rance Ellis Vickery Edwards

Maybe all the teams should play their second 18 and be done with it.

tigertim said:
Maybe all the teams should play their second 18 and be done with it.

4 points to be decided by toss of a coin
All teams have week off before finals

North will buckle next week. All this hype about how fresh they'll be - they yoyo with favouritism worse than we used to in the past.

This will backfire for them.

Bring in Arnott, Morris and keep Thomas in.
Because I've heard they will try to get under certain players skin. Cotchin's and Martin
Lets bring in the ones that can go the biff and knock out a few.

DirtyDogTiger said:

I tell you what

How's that?

It's at Etihad so weather doesn't come into it.

How many players risk missing a week if they receive another fine, Trent ? Our boys need to play smart

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Play a "designated hitter" in case North go the knuckle.

Do we have one? Maybe Arnot

I agree. If they go the knuckle, tell him to run through as many of their remaining top 22 as possible. Don't bother about the replacements.

I am pretty pissed off with the AFL that they have allowed North to do this.
Bought a couple of 3121 guest passes earlier in the week in good faith that we'd see a fair contest.
Now it feels like I have paid for a dead rubber.
The AFL doesn't condone tanking but they rubber stamp it?? :blah

Chimptastic said:
North will buckle next week. All this hype about how fresh they'll be - they yoyo with favouritism worse than we used to in the past.

This will backfire for them.

Plus I'm sure its motivation for us.

Glad we don't seem to be reacting to talk of their potential dirty tactics. We're assuming the position of the tougher team.

We'll need to be physical come finals anyway, it's good practice. The concern would be a Sam Mitchell-style corky. If they attempt to do that, I imagine we'll just retaliate twice as hard on any of their players likely to play next week. Whatever we decide, I'm confident Dimma knows how to play this game.

As for the finals, I've never had more faith in the boys to win. They've consistently surprised us this year with their attitude and ability. Roughing up Hawthon. Smashing Freo. Winning the games we should. Belting bottom sides.

We've already put in the hard work over the past 6 years, now it's time to earn our reward.

Tigers of Old said:
I am pretty p!ssed off with the AFL that they have allowed North to do this.
Bought a couple of 3121 guest passes earlier in the week in good faith that we'd see a fair contest.
Now it feels like I have paid for a dead rubber.
The AFL doesn't condone tanking but they rubber stamp it?? :blah

If it's close you'll soon forget who is wearing the jumpers.
Instinct will kick in.
We are going to beat North whoever they put in their team.
This is Scott's best excuse, and his best chance of coming close the week after

amazing, we're further up the ladder but they fell they have the advantage to rest players.