RFC is spineless! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC is spineless!

asian tetley said:
My thoughts on Hinkley haven't changed I reckon he's a good coach
I also reckon Leppa is a good coach and look where the lions are at the moment!

I think Leppa is what's wrong with Brisbane atm. I don't think he can coach.

asian tetley said:
My thoughts on Hinkley haven't changed I reckon he's a good coach
I also reckon Leppa is a good coach and look where the lions are at the moment!
Have your thoughts on Dimma changed?
Do you now acknowledge he's doing a good job and should continue?

asian tetley said:
Yes that's right I did
Guess what people will be calling for if it all goes pear shaped again in sept?

People like you will, I have no doubt of that.

Do you still reckon the board should be sacked?

Do you still reckon Collingwood are streets ahead of us?

Tenacious said:

Clearly dimma is popular with the playing group
It was a fantastic win against the Hawks and we were very unlucky v freo
The tackling and intensity were first class

The weakness I see in dimma as a coach are on game day and team selection
For us to progress and take the next step we need to address these areas

As an example I'm not sure why lennon was subbed off
Seemed to me he was playing a great game
We needed skill and class and potential goal kickers. Why sub him?

In the game v the saints a couple of weeks ago it was similar
Against a fast and skilful st kilda he chose to sub off a runner and left an out of touch maric on the ground
We could have dropped that game

If we are going to take the next step dimma has to get everything right
Until that happens it's unwise to make a long term call on our coach
Knowing richmond whatever happens they will honour the last year of his contract

asian tetley said:

Against a fast and skilful st kilda he chose to sub off a runner and left an out of touch maric on the ground

Knowing richmond whatever happens they will honour the last year of his contract

i agree with the St Kilda game but the swapping of Lennon for Lloyd was fine on Friday. Yes Lennon played well but he just wanted to freshen the forward line up and not change the structure of the team.

asian tetley said:

Appreciate the detailed response - but what about a simple YES or NO to the original question:

Tenacious said:

Maybe you've introduced a distraction by referring to a "long term call"?
Fact is - you wanted him gone well before now!
The basic question is whether you're sticking with that - or whether you've changed your view so that you now agree he should continue (at least in the short and medium term)?

As to the other points e.g. subbing Lennon. What was the better alternative?
It made sense to bring Lloyd on - why not Lennon (and I'm a great Lennon fan)?

asian tetley said:

You're kidding aren't you tetly?
Game day coaching n team selection were absolutely spot on against Freo both in Perth n Melb. Not the coaches fault the team kicked 18 points in the home game or that Bachar had a last minute brain fart.
Dimma's coaching has pulled apart the best teams in Sydney, Hawks n Freo this year. Saints run on in the last qtr was purely the players having a nap in the last qtr. Nothing to do with dramatically changing the structure of the side that was about nine goals up at three qtr time. Players went the bludge n the Saints threw the kitchen sink at us because they had no other option.
Exactly what are you expecting might happen that would be so disastrous that the club would feel honour bound to uphold the last year of Dimma's contract? The blokes done nothing wrong in the time he's coached us through a rebuild that would suggest he needs sacking early. Matter of fact, from what I've seen so far, things are tracking in exactly the direction everyone's been praying for these last thirty years or so.
Team wins a final or two this year it wouldn't surprise me at all if the club extended his contract for another couple of seasons to allow him to continue building towards that grand final day, rather than just honouring his last year under duress.

No my thoughts on dimma as a coach have not changed
As per the reasons I stated in my previous post

He needs To coach us to a win in the finals
He has one more year on his contract after this
If we bomb out again in sept no club in its right mind would be thinking about offering him an extension

TigerMasochist said:
Game day coaching n team selection were absolutely spot on against Freo both in Perth n Melb. Not the coaches fault the team kicked 18 points in the home game or that Bachar had a last minute brain fart.
Dimma's coaching has pulled apart the best teams in Sydney, Hawks n Freo this year. Saints run on in the last qtr was purely the players having a nap in the last qtr. Nothing to do with dramatically changing the structure of the side that was about nine goals up at three qtr time. Players went the bludge n the Saints threw the kitchen sink at us because they had no other option.
Exactly what are you expecting might happen that would be so disastrous that the club would feel honour bound to uphold the last year of Dimma's contract? The blokes done nothing wrong in the time he's coached us through a rebuild that would suggest he needs sacking early. Matter of fact, from what I've seen so far, things are tracking in exactly the direction everyone's been praying for these last thirty years or so.
Team wins a final or two this year it wouldn't surprise me at all if the club extended his contract for another couple of seasons to allow him to continue building towards that grand final day, rather than just honouring his last year under duress.

There's 90 seconds of your life you'll never get back

TigerMasochist said:

Team wins a final or two this year?
Well that will be fantastic
So let's just wait until that happens till we start talking of contract extensions

lukeanddad said:
There's 90 seconds of your life you'll never get back
I type with all of two fingers, took me just over two minutes to get that last lot down, n yep you're right I wasted em.