RFC is spineless! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC is spineless!

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Is this fact, though? Where is this information coming from? Does Tom Petroro manage the 9 supposedly above Rance?

Which players at other clubs are lower in the pecking order than they should be? Could someone please arm our list manager with this information?

He has to be outside the top 25% because he's an Unrestricted Free Agent

Stylo said:
I thought they were trying to open negotiations last year, but he and his manager said that they didn't want to do anything until later this year.

Here is an idea, look at the dogs and what they did, it took guts and perhaps they had no choice but got rid of quality players to land possible great players. They now cannot lose as were going no where anyway and now perhaps will be top 4 in a couple of years, we will be bottom 4!

tivas-turnover said:
Unfortunately I think Damien is only part of the problem

Last year when we were 3/10 Gale said Dan Richardson had "looked over every player on the list"....and indicated that we are still on the improve. Well what has happened?? Rance is unsigned and not even in the top ten paid players....how has this happened Dan? He can go to another club at season's end without us getting a chance to match the offer.

Our recruiting of young talent has delivered questionable results, and recruiting of mature agred talent has delivered list cloggers who will never take you anywhere (read Hampson, Morris, Chaplin and others).

After the FTF fundraising I thought we gave the club all the financial requirements to develop our own, yet over the last couple of years there seems to be more recycled or mature players getting a game in the seniors than new kids.
We have a number of assistant coaches now, even an ex premiership couch, yet on match day we seem to get out coached,have a "chip it sideways" game style, and when teams put pressure on us have no plan 'B' and lose all run and dare. Hardwick at pressers has said "these are the things we need to fix"... and "we have to improve quickly"...yet the same old happens.
It makes me sick to think that years ago we started at the same base camp as Hawthorn, and look at where both clubs are now. Right now it's looks as if the Bulldogs and Melbourne are going past us, and don't forget Port Adelaide shot past in a hurry when they bottomed out.
So where to now? Do we have the administration to make the right decisions regarding the staff of the RFC? Have the football department over rated the list and in doing so set us up for another rebuild?.....and most importantly will the next one deliver any success??....I can only hope so....

The list at current stand should get us between 10 - 6 position on the ladder.
At no stage are we a top 4 contender,
Some people at the club need to step back and take a real honest look at the list, players, coaching staff.
If Dimma believes we can beat anyone on our day, then he needs to get his head checked.
Seriously, we never show up to play.what does that say?

Think we've got ahead of ourselves think we are top 4 contenders

se7en said:
Some people at the club need to step back and take a real honest look at the list, players, coaching staff.
If Dimma believes we can beat anyone on our day, then he needs to get his head checked.

Agree.

se7en said:

I seriously believe we need to trade a "Deledio" for a first rounder/young gun, if Rance wants out look at offering the money to the"Sheils/Trealors/Hannabarys" of the comp. If it's clear we're not a top 4 team and we're not it needs to be done or what are we trying to achieve ?
Isn't this what Geelong did years ago when Colbert wanted out, the cats turned it into a positive with a few top picks in the draft and the rest is history!

tivas-turnover said:
The information came from the AFL with their list of restricted free agents ....where Rance was a notable absentee

Stylo said:

OK, thanks.

He signed the contract mid-2013, before we'd played finals. I guess others have put up their hands since then. No doubt we'll make him an offer that puts him well inside the top ten.

This club has only one thing to blame- itself

The decision to extend Hardwicks contract was Benny's and the boards way of informing its supporters that they have no idea

A decision that was simply mind boggling in its stupidity
Then after the elimination thrashing against port what did the brains trust do?

Nothing!
Didn't remove him
Didn't hire any additional support for him in the coaches box
When it was obvious to all that dimma was out of his depth

We have been well and truly shafted by this board and those running the football dept

The club were never going to sack Hardwick after the Elimination final loss.....we would be a laughing stock in the media if we did.
The main issue for Brendan and co. now is after last season's review where were mistakes made and by who?
I sense by halfway this year we will be near the bottom of the ladder again (God knows it has happened before!) then the heat by media and supporters will really be on.
As much as you want things to turn around like last year I can't see it happening again....how will administration respond this time with a situation so dire?....this is where decisions made off the field can have a direct influence on what happens on the field for many years to come....and we all hope for a change that the right ones are made

asian tetley said:
I must have missed something
Have we finished in the top 4 or won the premiership?

no, but you wanted Dimma sacked in round five, so going off too early is clearly not an issue for you.

antman said:
no, but you wanted Dimma sacked in round five, so going off too early is clearly not an issue for you.

Yes that's right I did
Guess what people will be calling for if it all goes pear shaped again in sept?

asian tetley said:
Yes that's right I did

They shouldn't. We've beaten 3 of the top 4 sides this year, top team almost twice. First time in 10 years we've beaten a reigning premier. It's pretty much a requirement historically that a team requires a couple of years of finals experience before making a realistuc tilt at the premiership. Whatever happens from here I'm certain Hardwick will be going around next year again and rightly so.

asian tetley said:
Yes that's right I did

If we do fail in September do you still want us to get Hinkley?

Tigertool said:
If we do fail in September do you still want us to get Hinkley?

My thoughts on Hinkley haven't changed I reckon he's a good coach
I also reckon Leppa is a good coach and look where the lions are at the moment!