RFC is spineless! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC is spineless!

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
when players like harry obrien...garlett and dawes look good, your team is in trouble..
gutless.

Bunnerz said:
when players like harry obrien...garlett and dawes look good, your team is in trouble..
gutless.

Why is this a surprise been obvious for a long time

Very little leadership of any significance or worth.
Very little mental endeavour across the group.
Very little coaching aptitude that turns games.
Very little spirit and commitment.
Very little depth in the list.
Very little to feel confident about.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Our tackle count was the third highest in club history. That's what people want to see isn't it?

Lack of effort wasn't the problem.

Tackle count is a very misleading stat imo.

All those numbers mean is is that we were second to the ball/contest.

Lack of ability is the problem .

Get Morris ( a non contributor with the ball ) and Grigg out of the side for a start .

St Kevin said:
Tackle count is a very misleading stat imo.

All those numbers mean is is that we were second to the ball/contest.

That's what I saw too, especially second half. But Melbourne's numbers were similar.

Last year we ranked last in tackles. Sometimes you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In the hope of making future weekends enjoyable it is time to petition the AFL to bring back the sunday twilight fixture and give it to the tiges for the entire season :hihi

Tonight's debacle wasn't due to our tackling, or even our want of trying....it was due to the most deplorable display of basic skills that I've seen from a senior AFL side in 20 years...it was laughable at times

In fact I can only think of one other such terrible performance in that time, and it was...oh, gee, it was Rich v Melb last year......

Nothing has changed

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Our tackle count was the third highest in club history. That's what people want to see isn't it?

Lack of effort wasn't the problem.

We also won the clearances and contested ball. It troubles me to see Hardwick, Ross Smith, and Steve Morris all immediately jump to 'we weren't hard enough', indicating the leaders believe we have an effort problem. In my uninformed view, the problem seems to be related to inefficient ball movement, which is a matter of intelligence rather than grunt.

Jetboy said:
Tonight's debacle wasn't due to our tackling, or even our want of trying....it was due to the most deplorable display of basic skills that I've seen from a senior AFL side in 20 years...it was laughable at times

In fact I can only think of one other such terrible performance in that time, and it was...oh, gee, it was Rich v Melb last year......

Nothing has changed

Seen it many many times in 20 years. Just cannot understand how we have never been able to change it. Its way past laughable after 33 years unfortunately.

We're going nowhere. Nothing has improved. Recruiting is crap; player development is crap; game day coaching is crap. Etc.

Club is going nowhere onfield. The supporters keep it afloat. Rest is rubbish. Do we shut doors or keep going like this?

Chimptastic said:
We also won the clearances and contested ball. It troubles me to see Hardwick, Ross Smith, and Steve Morris all immediately jump to 'we weren't hard enough', indicating the leaders believe we have an effort problem. In my uninformed view, the problem seems to be related to inefficient ball movement, which is a matter of intelligence rather than grunt.

Agree, I don't think being "harder" would have got us far against a more mature opposition. We needed to take advantage of our skill edge. Started OK, with a few hiccups, but couldn't put a big enough score on the board.

After the rain came we seemed to lose all sense of system, in addition to fumbling the wet ball under pressure. One goal in the second half...

Round 1 our stars were shut down and the support cast stepped up. Last night the support cast simply wasn't strong enough.

Tigers2011 said:
Great club off-field; hopeless on it. Has been for 33 years. What does the CEO & Board do now?

Well, for decades we were hopeless on and off the field. At least we are half way there...

We have a spine. Its the 20 odd thousand of us that will show up next week, the 40,000 that will sign up again next year even if the wheels fall off again...

After attending games regardless of hope for success for 33 years (except one year in every twelve of so..) the reality may be that this club may not survive another 5 or 6 seasons in the cellar, another 4 of hope to be a competitor.

Once all of us that have held on for so long stop having kids, which for many of us has already happened, Im not sure we will have another generation that will survive the crap this club continues deliver after we keep bailing them out. The AFL will not be able to maintain 6 or 7 Victorian sides being perennial under achievers for ever. We have kept this club alive. Will the AFL have the same will. I very much doubt it.

So all i will do is have blind hope with no solid basis in reality that we can salvage a couple of wins in the next 4 games and our season turns around. We need to make finals to have any chance of attracting some genuine top end talent and hope the investment in the draft we just made pays dividends.

Last years 9 straight was the only miracle I have witnessed in 33 years, my blind Faith is starting to succumb to science! But for now I hope we shall be granted a new miracle! :help