Result against Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Result against Saints

What result do you expect

• Richmond win 1-25

Votes: 18 14.9%
  • Richmond win 26-50

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Richmond win 51+

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Saints win 0-25

Votes: 26 21.5%
  • Saints win 26-50

Votes: 42 34.7%
  • Saints win 51+

Votes: 28 23.1%

• Total voters
Sadly I think Milne will be the difference, if he is kept quiet it will be close, but if he kicks a bag (which he tends to do against the tigers) then it will be the saints by a bag.

year of the tiger said:
Sadly I think Milne will be the difference, if he is kept quiet it will be close, but if he kicks a bag (which he tends to do against the tigers) then it will be the saints by a bag.

Absolutely.

Koschitzke doesn't worry me one iota....but really really need to curtail Milne and Goddard if he plays forward. If we can keep Milne to three goals or less I'd say we won't be disgraced.

Coming off atrocious conditions last week I am thinking the boys will be weary - but struggle to understand how professional atheltes can be tired playing 6 days apart.
If we only win 1 more game for the year PLEASE let it be this one, working with 1 eyed saints supporters and having a wife & 2 kids who go for them too - it would just make fir a happy home & work for me!

cankster said:
but struggle to understand how professional atheltes can be tired playing 6 days apart.
Doesn't matter how fit you are, if you are pushing yourself to the limit you get tired and the body takes time to recover

You don't really see marathon runners run a marathon every weekend.

ZeroGame said:
Doesn't matter how fit you are, if you are pushing yourself to the limit you get tired and the body takes time to recover

... especially if you were elbowed, grabbed and bashed for the length of the run!

I said Saints by 26-50, but I few weeks ago it would have been Saints 51+.

I'm really looking forward to it though. After last weeks swamp-fest, a game against the Saints at their home should give us a feel for where we are at.

ZeroGame said:

Except for that guy who's running a marathon a week as part of some fund-raising thing. Sorry, off topic. Carry on.

we are in with quite a chance in this game and in all games for the remainder of this year TBH

Big Nick is out, which leaves kosi and Stanley as the big targets up forward, Mcguane and Moore/Thursty will compete well

In the ruck its gunna break even with Gardner/King vs Simmo/Graham

Up forward young Jack should outpoint his opponent ( whoever he is Fisher/Gilbert? ) he is in hot form

They have some outstanding midfielders in Goddard, Montagna Dal and Hayes

It will be a huge test for Cotch, Dusty, Axle Cuz and Lids if they can compete we will put in a good performance

We are a lot better than people think

Especially if our bottom half dozen players King White Mcguane Tuck Simmo Collins Tambling can all play the roles they have been assigned

Really looking forward to how our forward line composing of Griff jack and astbury function in perfect conditions at the dome.

Saints by 4 goals, would be alot closer if we played at the MCG

They will put on their Docklands squeeze and pretty much absorb anything we throw at them, without much damage being inflicted. Unfortunately, they will then burn us on the rebound. They have been doing this to far better teams for the last season and a half.

This is an interesting test of whether the new-found aggression under Hardwick is just a novelty or something more permanent.

I think this assignment is just too tough at this point of our development, but I will enjoy watching the team develop as I have been all year. Hope we give them a real fright though.

I reckon they will be tired and sore from the wet game last week and breaking the record for most tackles in a game.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm feeling a 40 plus loss.

Will still go and cheer the team home.

Anything could happen.

Lets hope we are really hard and stick to em like superglue in the first quarter to give ourselves a chance.

If we are 1 goal down at quarter time,I will be very happy that we can knock em off.

The upside is the Saints won the game in the last half of the last quarter against a struggling Crows who were playing interstate last week.

I'm starting to believe hehe.

Can I change my vote? ;D

If we give them a sniff like we gave the Bummers in the first qtr it could be ugly. However I get the feeling that although the guys will be a wee bit sore from last weekend's slogfest, they have got a good grasp of what needs to be done to win footy matches. Tough, uncompromising, all the cliches. They applied those last week and got the choccies.

You just never know.......................

Saints by 26 however.