R19 - other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R19 - other games

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see the old 11:30am Reserves game at the G again between Pies and Blooze. Echo sounds, empty stadium with crowd building slowly, unknown future stars running around. This clearly shows it can be done again.

DirtyDogTiger said:
My bet is: You'd have to work very hard to find anyone at carlton who is genuinely interested in the four points today.

Coachless players.

Mason Cox played well. Still makes me giggle on the Yanks' ability to get in rhythm with our game. At least Jarryd Hayne's feeling the bruises and doing well with the 49ers.

9 goals straight to the Bulldogs who are going to pass us now. Definite top 4 in one season. Amazing. What a job Beveridge has done in a short-term.

I am watching the western bulldogs play and I am in awe of the way they are playing there harassing, chasing, defending and decision making is first class and to think that they missing 4-5 good players , they are a class above RICHMOND make no mistake about that !!!!! And if they keep performing the way they are they will make top 4 and cause a few upsets along the way. And to think most of the football world had the bulldogs finishing in the bottom 4??????

TigerForce said:
9 goals straight to the Bulldogs who are going to pass us now. Definite top 4 in one season. Amazing. What a job Beveridge has done in a short-term.

Real test for the Dogs next year will be when they get a harder draw.

Good on them though dont mind the dogs got some ripper young talent.

TigerForce said:

Bit of help from Brendon McCarthy as well. The Dogs board were smart to realise he had taken them as far as he could and Beveridge was the guy for the next step. Really happy for the Dogs who have been a little shafted by the AFL.

craig said:

Yep. I hope they can finally build a huge supporter base especially now that the western region of Melbourne is growing in population.

I love watching their talls dominate....something I wish we had more of in attack.

Dogs are a good side, good forward line hard to keep them all down. There bloody number 1 recruit can't even get a game. lol

craig said:

If you look back they really nailed the 2011 (drafts plus traded a few from there) and 2012 drafts and are now reaping the rewards. They only had 4 round 1 draft picks out there but all of them are total guns (Macrae, Bontempelli, Stringer and Wallis) but there quality comes from their next group who were all later pick ups.

Hard to tell in total how good they are after today as Port are not a good defensive team and once you take their offence out of the game are really quite ordinary but that was a gem of a game to watch, loved the fast ball movement and fair play to them.

craig said:

Not just the draw. A lot of sides who come from nowhere find it hard to repeat it in the following year. They often take a step back before taking another one forward.

nafe brown said:
I am watching the western bulldogs play and I am in awe of the way they are playing there harassing, chasing, defending and decision making is first class and to think that they missing 4-5 good players , they are a class above RICHMOND make no mistake about that !!!!! And if they keep performing the way they are they will make top 4 and cause a few upsets along the way. And to think most of the football world had the bulldogs finishing in the bottom 4??????

Nah not yet - was at the ground for the first 3 qtrs - they are playing well but Port is making them look really good. Have not seen a team fumble so much as Port did today and a free player handballing to a player under pressure (reminds me of the tigers). I think we are still a couple of years ahead in our development but they could catch us.

year of the tiger said:
Nah not yet - was at the ground for the first 3 qtrs - they are playing well but Port is making them look really good. Have not seen a team fumble so much as Port did today and a free player handballing to a player under pressure (reminds me of the tigers). I think we are still a couple of years ahead in our development but they could catch us.

The difference here is the bulldogs have a forward line and we don't...

This round might be our perfect *smile*-storm

If the Suns win, they might not feel as motivated next week.
The Suns have not gotten a point away from Metricon this year

Yep, really like the way the dogs play.
Good style of play.
Good recruiting
Good development.

Watched the Dogs game and love how they football.

They don't corrall? players with the ball as most in our side too, they attack that player.

They have a good forward line and Boyd can't crack into it. They have a blend of good young kids and their senior players/ older types contribute quite well. They are a quick side too.!

Forwards- Stringer a beauty, Redpath, Crameri and others that float there.
Their forwards can mark cause they give the chance through moving the ball quickly and not kicking to the pockets!
Exciting side to watch.

Swans lose they are 4 th.

They don't have an easy run home but they will cause some damage if they can sustain this exciting brand of football.

ThePercies said:
The difference here is the bulldogs have a forward line and we don't...
The real difference is we have a coach who doesn't want his two time coleman medalist forward kicking goals