R15 v The Blues / team changes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 v The Blues / team changes

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The VFL game today gets more interesting today.
Griffiths maric and cotchin are under MRP and Injury clouds.

If maric goes:

-bring in mcbean and Vickery can ruck changing with Griff or mcbean.

If maric and griffiths miss:

Hampson and McBean play.
I guess McBean Vickery and Jack play Dimmas triangle and hampson rucks.
But hammer had just missed four or so weeks.

If cotchin goes.
Well morris will come in.
Or Knights (Ive got a barrackers crush) but today is his first game back in about ten weeks.

Not having cotchin would be interesting

I like Knights too DDT ;D but he's the type that probably needs a few weeks to get his run back.

Newman has to go surely!!!!!! Be side that one good tackle he made in that last quarter he was unsuited for whole game.

nafe brown said:
Newman has to go surely!!!!!! Be side that one good tackle he made in that last quarter he was unsuited for whole game.
[/quote) Agree. Newman looked average and has gotta go. I don't think Cotchin has anything to worry about, so he'll play this week. Lets see who performs in the vfl to find a suitor to replace Newman. Would like to see the likes of donuts, dea or Lloyd have a run in the firsts over the next few weeks to work out who's got some ticker

nafe brown said:
he might have had a defensive job.
Our GP is set up to have role players to stop their playmakers, we have guys who roam around linking, and we have our playmakers

We see the hour and minute markers on a clock face
But we don't see the multiple mechanisms driving it

Maric is gone - 1 game for that.

Mcbean for him but today's game will decide who comes in for Griffiths.

DirtyDogTiger said:
he might have had a defensive job.
Our GP is set up to have role players to stop their playmakers, we have guys who roam around linking, and we have our playmakers

We see the hour and minute markers on a clock face
But we don't see the multiple mechanisms driving it

Yeah his role is to give the opposition a chance to beat us as we are going in a player down with him each week. Ffs just drop the underperformer for ever. Mcdonna is a far, far better option.

Hunt has to be dropped or the Sub.

Brings nothing to the table in my opinion!

I think the only changes will be forced ones. If Maric or Cotchin get rubbed out, but neither should, and Griff's shoulder doesn't come up. Having both Griff and Maric out would make it interesting. Hampson is only playing his first game back this week. McBean could handle Griff's forward work, but Ty and Hammer rucking is a bit of a worry. Cotchin is irreplaceable.

I'd hope that a few boys today play well an put some pressure on the selectors, but feel there will be only changes thru injury or suspension thou.

Love to see McBean come in against the Blues an Menadue play a blinder today

I hope Hammer has a good game today and comes in for 1 week to replace Ivan and McJesus to replace Griff if he doesnt get up
I think those 2 changes keep our structures in play the best

Newman out for Madonna or Lennon based on VFL
Hunt to sub

Tiger Ghost said:
I hope Hammer has a good game today and comes in for 1 week to replace Ivan and McJesus to replace Griff if he doesnt get up
I think those 2 changes keep our structures in play the best

Newman out for Madonna or Lennon based on VFL
Hunt to sub
This.......except maybe Dea for Newman, depending on VFL game. Still not sold on Hunt either.

Given injuries/suspension Newman won't be dropped.

McBean in for the Griffin if he can't come up.

Hampson for Maric if suspended.

Cotchin out? Hope not.... suspect Morris would come in if so.

I think Maric will be lucky if he doesn't get a week - knew the player was trying to come in third-up and raise the arm.

Was awarded a free against and the player didn't leave the ground, but it could be graded high, medium impact and intentional rather than reckless. If graded intentional he might get 2, reckless will be 1.

Hammer is coming back from injury, so will be interesting to see how he goes today.

Nothing on the afl site or on any of the footy shows this morning about Cotchin. It was late but initial contact was to the shoulder/arm. Based on buddy and tippet only getting 1, surely Cotch will get off that.

Maric on the other hand might get a week given he took his eyes off the ball. Fingers crossed he get's lucky and escapes with a fine.