Possible fine for Dusty | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Possible fine for Dusty

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Can't believe this. According to the AFL web site Dusty is facing hefty fine for his finger salute to the Collingwood cheer squad on the weekend. Was Goodes fined for his spear throwing at the crowd?? Not that I'm aware of. So, why is what Dusty done so bad,especially as he was copping it from those Mudpies anyway.

Loved it I reckon everyone loved it. But it was always going to be a fine.

Cool, another excuse to sink the slipper into Goodes. It seems we can never have too many of those.

Disappointed for Dusty though.

mld said:
Cool, another excuse to sink the slipper into Goodes. It seems we can never have too many of those.

More like you don't need an excuse to sink the slipper into others for expressing their opinions. It seems to me people are having a go at the AFL not at Adam Goodes. How can they condone acts towards the crowd that are intended to be threatening and then question a suspect gesture that has no implied violence? How is one worse than the other?

graystar1 said:
Can't believe this. According to the AFL web site Dusty is facing hefty fine for his finger salute to the Collingwood cheer squad on the weekend. Was Goodes fined for his spear throwing at the crowd?? Not that I'm aware of. So, why is what Dusty done so bad,especially as he was copping it from those Mudpies anyway.

Hefty? $2K? (dunno what it was) Hefty to you and me maybe. 20% of his weekly wage? Increased media exposure, bolsters his cult status. Grist for the mill and worth every cent. Makes it sweeter if anything.

Now I think about it, he probably got $50-odd K worth of exposure for $2K. Sign me up!

(on Goodes comment, been done to its absolute death on a dedicated thread, either you haven't read it or have and are sticking to you views).

Nothing's official yet but I wouldn't be surprised he'll get fined. If so, it's definitely double standards with Goodes alright. Geez....that handcuffs gesture in the 2013 EF must've really hurt.....the air. It's clearly 2 closed-in fingers and not the old V 'up yours' sign, but because it's a finger gesture in general, some revenue raising would be good for the AFL. Even some Pies fans liked it.

I loved this bit of byplay - and compared to what our boys were copping from these feral scum cheersquad members the two fingers were very minor.
You dont have to be good at lip reading to see what they were saying!! It just shows that we were getting under their skin. :rofl :rofl

And I'm sure the AFL are well aware of this but yeah he'll get fined and probably rightly so because if they let this go it will be open season for all sorts of gestures.

Plus I dont think its a good idea for our boys to engage the opposition cheersquad - it might take their concentration away from the game & I reckon Dimma will tell them so too.

So the end result will be a small fine & we all move on to concentrate on delivering a similar smashing against the drug lords.

wah wah wah... for the amount of crap the players cop from over the fence from feral supporters its no wonder players react, ITS HUMAN but in tbis day and age I would just accept the minor fine and move on.

Talking about moving on...I don't understand why you guys can't get over the Goodes incident. I feel sorry for you all.

If I was Martin and knew I'd get just a $2K fine for giving it to the toothless Collingwood ferals I'd have finger salutes a blazing too. Well worth the money.

"Our incredible fans underpin almost every element of what makes our game great: The people from all walks of life who...stand with colours worn proudly and cheer on their heroes and interact with the game and its characters.

This is our right as footy fans, no, in actual fact it's our obligation.

Whether it's roaring behind the goals at the 'G, or in front of the TV at a mate's place on Friday night, football is the place where we can forget about the challenges of everyday life and lose ourselves in the passion of it all.

Supporters are the true custodians of the game, and have always ultimately decided what is the right or wrong way to behave, both on the field and off it."

- McLachlan, July 2015

Must harmless interplay between crowd and player be sanctioned while political grandstanding is encouraged?

Over to you, Gil.

There seems to be alot of attention being paid to what Dusty did when in comparison the Collingwood scum were absolutely appalling.

I would hope the AFL would start an investigation into the vile disgusting language and gestures the Collingwood supporters were using and send a please explain letter to Eddie requiring him to explain why his feral supporters shouldnt be banned!

There's a line in the age report stating that Dusty and Jack 'gave as good as they got'. Really?

AFL & MRP seem to always have Vickery and Dusty in their sights
Vickery gets weeks for bumping into Jamison and Dusty possibly fined for asking Pies scum can you tell me how many fingers.
We all know they cant count past 1 8-
Whilst Fyfe gets away with anything