Poll on Hardwick as our coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Hardwick as our coach

Can Hardwick lead us to a premiership?

• Yes. Keep him

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Not sure, but keep him

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Not sure, but try someone else

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • No, new coach required.

Votes: 116 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plenty of clubs have started the season in red hot form n wilted badly in the back half of the season, struggling to even win enough games to make finals. Colonwood and Essendrugs in recent years are glaring examples.
There's still 22 home n away games to be played n won or lost before a club gets to play finals. Apart from having to go on an insane ten game winning streak simply to fall over the line n make the finals, I'd much rather have the team fit n in form playing winning footy leading into the finals than just staggering to the line n praying to fall into finals.

Our problem has been more the inability of the players, especially the senior core of our best players to complete the necessary step up in intensity n pressure that knock out finals require, over the normal home n away get another chance next week scenario.

I wouldn't extend his contract until seasons end and ONLY if the team win more than
ONE FINALS game (given our pathetic finals history over the past 3 years).

The club should not in any way shape or form be racing to extend Hardwicks contract,
if they do, they should have a "get out clause with no financial penalty" to remove
Hardwick if the Tigers can't win finals games this year.

I think we need to concentrate on the poll date for the reason. I had nearly had enough then as well and I am Mr Positive ;D