Poll on Hardwick as our coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Poll on Hardwick as our coach

Can Hardwick lead us to a premiership?

• Yes. Keep him

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Not sure, but keep him

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Not sure, but try someone else

Votes: 15 9.0%
  • No, new coach required.

Votes: 116 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think this has been discussed on a number of threads but hey why don't we have another one.

The question isn't should he be replaced but the timing, I don't want to see him in 2016 full stop. I am prepared to write off 2015 for "stability" having said that I would be happy to see him go sooner rather than later. Clueless match-day coach, even Wallace conjured a defeat of Adelaide in our previous dark days, with little or no cattle. This bloke cant come up with surprises.

Dimma is a student of the game. He has a theory in how the game can be played in terms of controlling possession, however it is increasingly clear that his thinking must be based on a fundamental flaw. Unless he can recognise and rectify this, he will not lead us to a GF.

Ghost of Punt Road said:
I know it has been discussed, but that isn't the same as the votes/numbers on the opinions.

Opinions are one thing, a tally is another I think.

Rubbish, there are so many threads promoting the same things it is unbelievable. Why do you have to separate a thread about the man on this one? Full of opinions and you can get the gist of it. But if it makes you feel good mate, then good on you.

mld said:
Dimma is a student of the game. He has a theory in how the game can be played in terms of controlling possession, however it is increasingly clear that his thinking must be based on a fundamental flaw. Unless he can recognise and rectify this, he will not lead us to a GF.
Expand on the fundamental flaw mld, I am interested in your observations :)

It's a shame its ended up like this, I thought Dimma and then Choco Williams were going to be the key to our re surgence.

Sorry Dimma the tribe has spoken.

puntrd64 said:
Expand on the fundamental flaw mld, I am interested in your observations :)

I'm not a student, I can't articulate the flaw. I can only see the evidence for its existence by our dominating every stat except goals for.

I voted no, Melbourne loss was last straw, he's done well to get us to a certain point but if he cant unpick the Melbourne game plan and obtain a consistency of effort from the team then I highly doubt he's a premiership coach.

Bloody over reaction. For supporters to be talking about the coach after 3 games is very Richmond. Club must stay calm and resolute. Key issue that needs addressing (the flaw) is our efficiency within F50. We really need to change the mix in there considerably. Loyd and Gordon have not worked. Where do we get 2 small-medium forwards that can apply both defensive and offensive pressure and DO NOT FUMBLE!

mld said:
I'm not a student, I can't articulate the flaw. I can only see the evidence for its existence by our dominating every stat except goals for.
Fair reply, game plan does not translate to scoreboard ascendency. The terms corridor and pockets spring to mind. :)

Aegean Tiger said:
Bloody over reaction. For supporters to be talking about the coach after 3 games is very Richmond. Club must stay calm and resolute. Key issue that needs addressing (the flaw) is our efficiency within F50. We really need to change the mix in there considerably. Loyd and Gordon have not worked. Where do we get 2 small-medium forwards that can apply both defensive and offensive pressure and DO NOT FUMBLE!

Hardwick will be gone at seasons end .

I said no earlier. I said the same thing as year, then went on holiday (in July!) and missed the big run. Thought something use have changed and I was wrong........

Nope.

Put a fork in Dimma, he's done.

mld said:

Beautifully put, mld. It's his inability to identify it that has brought him undone. I think it's time for onfield changes too.

Aegean Tiger said:
I notice you forgot to mention Morris or was that just a mirage?

Aegean Tiger said:

To an extent I would agree, but it's not three games, it's four. And in reality it's not even four, it's 116 isn't it?