Player walk out | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Player walk out

Sintiger said:
When Dimma arrived he had to get rid of the Wallace dung

;D Nice Sin, pretty sure It was Wallace who cleaned the possum crap.

I remember going to an open night where Wallace spoke just after arriving and boasting how he had cleaned up a mess. He also explained in detail why Richmond were going up and Port Adelaide were heading down with lots of list profile jargon. Port made a Grand Final a year or two later and we won the spoon. And he calls himself the List Manager.

jb03 said:
;D Nice Sin, pretty sure It was Wallace who cleaned the possum crap.

I remember going to an open night where Wallace spoke just after arriving and boasting how he had cleaned up a mess. He also explained in detail why Richmond were going up and Port Adelaide were heading down with lots of list profile jargon. Port made a Grand Final a year or two later and we won the spoon. And he calls himself the List Manager.
I think the title is ironic, either that or a sick joke. Maybe he got it wrong when he registered the account and left off the Mis at the start of the last word in it.

David C said:
Of course Ottens' "career" was going nowhere, he was coming off a contract in a place that now was essentially broke (as well as sh!thouse on the field) and offered a new contract that would have been way less than he could get elsewhere, so he went elsewhere.

I don't know what either club offered Otto in regards to contracts. I do know he (and probably more so his Mum) didn't want to be at Tigerland and he asked for a trade the year before his contract expired.

rosy23 said:
I don't know what either club offered Otto in regards to contracts. I do know he (and probably more so his Mum) didn't want to be at Tigerland and he asked for a trade the year before his contract expired.

As I recall he often had to play forward as we didn't have many who could kick goals as a tall at the time. And he was a good mark and set shot. At Geelong he could play more as a pure ruck. I'm sure there were many reasons he wanted to leave at the time and fair play to him, went to a good team, got paid better and got a premiership (or two?).

antman said:
As I recall he often had to play forward as we didn't have many who could kick goals as a tall at the time. And he was a good mark and set shot. At Geelong he could play more as a pure ruck. I'm sure there were many reasons he wanted to leave at the time and fair play to him, went to a good team, got paid better and got a premiership (or two?).
he was a good player Ottens but not great. His form at Richmond was probably actually better than Geelong though I always thought his all-australian was a bit lucky.

jb03 said:
he was a good player Ottens but not great. His form at Richmond was probably actually better than Geelong though I always thought his all-australian was a bit lucky.

I guess it's better to be a small fish in the premiership winning pond than a big fish in a team that wins nowt. I agree though, handy player but our stocks were so low then that he looked like a standout.

jb03 said:

Well, at least Geelong came to party and gave us some good picks.
Which were wisely used.

jb03 said:
I agree, I thought he played better for us than he did at the Cats.

se7en said:
Well, at least Geelong came to party and gave us some good picks.
Which were wisely used.
that was sarcastic wasn't it?, as we butchered 4/5 first rounders that draft,Tambling,Myer,Paterson,polo,probably worst used busted early picks ever, Deledio the only good one.

antman said:
I'm sure there were many reasons he wanted to leave at the time and fair play to him, went to a good team, got paid better and got a premiership (or two?).
Otto played in all 3 Cats flags, so probably doesn't lay awake at night wondering if he made the right decision :hihi

jokershoppe said:
that was sarcastic wasn't it?, as we butchered 4/5 first rounders that draft,Tambling,Myer,Paterson,polo,probably worst used busted early picks ever, Deledio the only good one.
Don't forget trading away a first rounder for McMuffin.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Well I think we needed to keep Matt white

Limited player that just "played a role" I think. He would still get a game but I don't think his loss has a big effect. Jay Schulz is the one for me. Handled terribly by Wallet et al. A genuine lead up strong forward who takes their first defender every week and gives you 2-3 goals.

tigertim said:
I think he means Nathan Wilson from GWS.

Thanks Tim, I was a bit confused with his referring to Michael Wilson. Bloody good little player in his prime, about 10 years too late for us.