Player walk out | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Player walk out

I'm sure we would have wanted to keep Otto if his heart was in it at Tigerland. It wasn't and he didn't want to be there so no point hanging on to him. Disappointing, not only cos I have his signed jumper, but because he was such an important player to lose.

rosy23 said:
I'm sure we would have wanted to keep Otto if his heart was in it at Tigerland. It wasn't and he didn't want to be there so no point hanging on to him. Disappointing, not only cos I have his signed jumper, but because he was such an important player to lose.

He did some good things up forward for us. Never did understand why he left. Don't think it was ever explained fully.

Tiger Pops said:
White perhaps?
We offered him one year and port offered 3. I think that shows we didn't really want him, rightly or wrongly.

But yes he was offered a contract and walked

Tigermad2005 said:
When was the last time we lost a player we really wanted to keep?

Tim barling
Trevor Poole
Peter Wilson
Stuart Maxfield
Barry young

Tenacious said:
Wasn't wanted anyway.

That is clearly not true considering he was offered a contract. Wasn't wanted enough to offer a contract similar to Port's but he was still considered a required player on our terms.

Yep we pretty much hold our players. They don't tend to leave and we don't tend to do big trades.

pessimistic_ said:
So we just pretend we do not want Lennon?

Where has Lennon gone and what has the club officially said about it? Of course we can think hard and find some examples but it's a pretty rare occurrence just the same.

Tigermad2005 said:
So no one in the last 10 years then.
A few clubs can not say that.

A think the key to our success is to recruit players other clubs don't want.

rosy23 said:
That is clearly not true considering he was offered a contract. Wasn't wanted enough to offer a contract similar to Port's but he was still considered a required player on our terms.
Semantics - RFC neither sufficiently valued nor needed him and rightly so. History now anyway.