Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick two young Tigers to make a big leap forward in 2024

So here we are with two games to go and lots of exposed form from our youngsters.

I had Dow and McAuliffe as improvers. In hindsight, McAuliffe, LeFau and Tresize look like they are on the way.

At this stage, I thought there would be quite a few others who would pick themselves as big improvers. I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. šŸ˜Ÿ

Thoughts?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
So here we are with two games to go and lots of exposed form from our youngsters.

I had Dow and McAuliffe as improvers. In hindsight, McAuliffe, LeFau and Tresize look like they are on the way.

At this stage, I thought there would be quite a few others who would pick themselves as big improvers. I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. šŸ˜Ÿ

Thoughts?
No player has locked themselves into best 22. Gibcus would have if it wasnā€™t for injury.

Brown and Banks have shown probably the most.

Reactions: 1 user
No player has locked themselves into best 22. Gibcus would have if it wasnā€™t for injury.

Brown and Banks have shown probably the most.
Yep. Hugo has made himself a regular and has more upside. Most clubs would have a more impressive list of locks. We have some fairly high draft picks but a lean list at this stage.

Last edited:
Being mentioned in this thread was almost like a curse. I went for Clarke (ACL) and Coulthard (failure to launch).

• Sad
I wouldā€™ve picked Trezise and Miller.

Miller has been patchy after a good first few months. Midfield has been woeful for tall defenders this year and itā€™s been down back too easily with little pressure.

Trezise battled with injuries and has started to look good . Probably couldā€™ve played three extra games.

HRS I rated early in his career and then just dropped off and then was rotting in the vfl. To his credit heā€™s been the best by a mile and his two way running, jumping at contests spoiling with now kicking goals has been terrific. Heā€™s been courageous and second to none.

Reactions: 1 users
Hate to bring this up but think you may have missed the mark by a smidge.
For transparency purposes, I chose Brown and Trezise to double their output from last year.

I'm sure you hate it very much indeed.

Consider me a young grasshopper looking to follow your sage predictions for 2025 onwards.

• Haha
I had Banks and Brown, very happy with my selections. Although I did give honourable mentions to Sonsie and coulthardā€¦.

Campell
Brown
Hugo
Mansell
Green
Mjnr
Banks
Lefau

all showed a fair bit this season, Hopefully trezise, Bauer and Blight will join them by finishing the season strongly

Think you can put a line through Sonz, Ryan, Dow and Cumberland

Hmm, I went for Coulthard and Tresize. Pity about Coulthard, I thought he looked like he could make it but it certainly hasn't happened for him this year. Tresize looks like he could be a good player, shows signs.

Also mentioned MRj, in some ways a wasted year for him with the injury, not alone on that score. Still have hope for him.

Ralphsmith seems to have been one of the biggest improvers and is now a regular. I wasn't sure he had the improvement in him so good to see, hope he keeps going as he has room for improvement and shows he can improve his game.

The injury to Gibcus was just devastating, just have to hope he can get a decent run at it next year.

DS

Lafau, Ralphsmith, Brown, Campbell, MJ and Tresize.

Add 5 classy first round picks and things are not as bad as they seem!(y) I also rate Bauer highly.

Reactions: 1 users