Pick 12 & 19 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 & 19

mrposhman said:
No the rule is if you keep your first you can trade any of your others (doesn't just have to be only 1). If you trade your first, you are not allowed to trade any of the other picks. Now if we trade a 2nd rounder back in? Who knows!!

thats what I said. All the restrictions are dependent on whether you trade your first round pick. We haven't traded a first round, therefore no restrictions.

Prior to the trade period Yarran's manager is saying that he will definitely be traded as Yarran and Carlton have agreed he will not play there next year.

Story floated by sources (Carlton?) that if Yarran is not traded his contract for next year will be terminated by Carlton. Another story floated by sources (Yarran this time) that CY will sit out the year if not traded to the Tigers.

Carlton still think we should give them pick 12? Tell em they're dreamin.

Read on afl site that Carlton would have even knocked back pick 17 that we were trying to get from Brisbane :mad:

Mentioned though they might do the deal as the compensation they would receive next year would be worse than pick 19.

.Even if we don't get yarran, we have pick 12 & 19 which is great enabling us to nab 2 young guns.

People saying this is weak draft, there will be good players at every stage in every draft you just need to pick well

Ah chee and Bonner/Oliver would be a great result

Hmm, Melb have just traded pick 6 & 29 & their future 1st round pick for Gold Coast's pick 3 + 10 + 33(?).

Maybe they are just aiming for someone in the draft or maybe trying to get Treloar?

puregreen said:
Hmm, Melb have just traded pick 6 & 29 & their future 1st round pick for Gold Coast's pick 3 + 10 + 33(?).

Maybe they are just aiming for someone in the draft or maybe trying to get Treloar?

WTF?

puregreen said:

Jumping ahead of Essendon for Darcy Parish is what my Dees mate reckons.

Risky move by the Dees, that 2016 pick could be top 5 in a far stronger draft.

puregreen said:

Not surprised at all. The curse of pick #6 terrifies football managers. It's a career killer.

H tiger said:
Prior to the trade period Yarran's manager is saying that he will definitely be traded as Yarran and Carlton have agreed he will not play there next year.

Story floated by sources (Carlton?) that if Yarran is not traded his contract for next year will be terminated by Carlton. Another story floated by sources (Yarran this time) that CY will sit out the year if not traded to the Tigers.

Carlton still think we should give them pick 12? Tell em they're dreamin.

If this was Dangerfield, I'd understand Carlton's stance.
but it's Yarran. They didn't like his attitude and dropped him. They've acknowledged he has to go.
Pick 19 is great value and they sell him high.
I understand it's less than pick 6 but what did we get for tambling who originally went pick 4?

All draft picks are speculative.
They'll take the deal tomorrow.

They've got the GWS4 - maybe now they can chillax, realise some one went to the shop and got them a 1st round draft pick

St Kevin said:
Jumping ahead of Essendon for Darcy Parish is what my Dees mate reckons.

Risky move by the Dees, that 2016 pick could be top 5 in a far stronger draft.

Just reported that they want two picks in top 10 each year while they are rebuilding. My issue with that is that they will still be rebuilding next year and at trade time 2016 they will start with 0 picks in the first round (unless of course they squeal for a priority pick!)!

pick 19 is fair.

no way pick 12

attention has turned to Lobbe ( i rate maybe a pick 25-30ish IMO)
mature big man to help out maric, we shouldn't offer 12 or 19 though.
I wouldnt be surprised if we offer 19.

Bunnerz said:
pick 19 is fair.

no way pick 12

attention has turned to Lobbe ( i rate maybe a pick 25-30ish IMO)
mature big man to help out maric, we shouldn't offer 12 or 19 though.
I wouldnt be surprised if we offer 19.

You need to watch Lobbe "highlight" package on the Lobbe rumor thread
Sure to change your opinion