Pick 12 & 19 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 & 19

That's right as we have traded a future pick already in getting part of this pick 19.

And yes clubs can go to an Arbitration hearing if there is a stalemate.

I actually think treloar has reached his value - two first rounders over two years and pick 19 this year - reckon that is too much to be honest - he is not Chris Judd or Gary TAblett.

It is clearly for Yarran - radio today saying Carlton might blink but will eventually take 19 for Yarran because both Carlton and Yarran both want Yarran gone from the club - he is not a required player so lets sit back and run a tab on when Carlton will give in - I reckon 10.20 Thursday morning.

We just need a friend in the media to leak a whisper that we're asking GWS what the Trelor hold-up is while flashing Picks 12 & 19 around.

Tigers of Old said:
Is the draft so weak that we might not land a good young player with pick 19? Rioli?

Top 20 apparently are good.
But in 5 years time some kid picked in the 30's will be a star like always. Eg beams and Parker

silvertiger said:
why not offer GWS 12,19 & 1st round 2016........also increase the offer by $100k per year. Our midfield needs big help.

We can't trade next years 1st rounder.

The following rules would govern trading of future draft picks:

- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

As we've already traded 2016 2nd rounder we need to use our 2016 1st.

waiting said:
That's right as we have traded a future pick already in getting part of this pick 19.

And yes clubs can go to an Arbitration hearing if there is a stalemate.

Not sure it's actually Arbitration.
I think it's Mediation, where they can recommend a solution but can't enforce it. Slight difference

Tigers of Old said:
Is the draft so weak that we might not land a good young player with pick 19? Rioli?

Rioli is about right at that pick, when you consider the academy kids will push that out to a mid twenties pick then you get a sense of where it sits compared to years gone by. I'm guessing all the quality mids will be gone, maybe Oliver still available which would make for a good draft.

willo said:
Not sure it's actually Arbitration.
I think it's Mediation, where they can recommend a solution but can't enforce it. Slight difference

yes, thank, mdeiation.

I laughed when a quick Google for AFL mediation resulted in most stories having Essendon as one of the teams requiring mediation

It's almost funny, but with the thunderous silence coming out of the Tiger camp this year I was half getting worried we weren't capable of working a trade period. A week n a half in and it appeared we were slowly choking to death on the bloody Yazz deal while clubs all around were shuffling n maneuvering players n picks in all directions.
Two days left to go n we suddenly have two picks inside top twenty n the capacity to negotiate hard where others deals are stuck n managers are getting squeaky between the butt cheeks.
Time now for the Tigers crew to drag the big stick out n give the cook pot a massive stir up n see what we can shift. If nothing moves or we're not satisfied it's in our favour, two early picks in the draft will unearth some quality youngsters to continue building our future.

I'll be more than happy if we give Carlscum nothing for trying to bend us over Yazz, tweak Eddies proverbial's a bit on the way through the last days of the Treloar deal. Or simply offer to deal fairly with a couple of other clubs for something we might need or go to draft.
Too many clubs still want a win only deal in an era of players walking out of contracts n free agency, has to be honest give a bit take a bit n both get a reasonable deal. Far to easy to get scorched demanding some sort of victory.

willo said:
We can't trade next years 1st rounder.

The following rules would govern trading of future draft picks:

- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.

- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

As we've already traded 2016 2nd rounder we need to use our 2016 1st.

by my reading of the rules you've posted willo, I don't reach the same conclusion. It seems the rules all hinge on trading of first round picks. We've only traded a second.

tigersnake said:
by my reading of the rules you've posted willo, I don't reach the same conclusion. It seems the rules all hinge on trading of first round picks. We've only traded a second.

Agree i think. We can't trade our 2016 pick 1 this year but at trade time 2016 we could trade it.

jb03 said:
Agree i think. We can't trade our 2016 pick 1 this year but at trade time 2016 we could trade it.

I think we can still trade it this year. Looking at the three rules in order:

1. no worries

2. we are using our first this year it seems, so if we do we'll have a clean slate for the next 4 year period

3. all of the 'ifs' depend on the first round future pick. We have only traded a second, this rule has no bearing.

tigersnake said:
I think we can still trade it this year. Looking at the three rules in order:

1. no worries

2. we are using our first this year it seems, so if we do we'll have a clean slate for the next 4 year period

3. all of the 'ifs' depend on the first round future pick. We have only traded a second, this rule has no bearing.

No the rule is if you keep your first you can trade any of your others (doesn't just have to be only 1). If you trade your first, you are not allowed to trade any of the other picks. Now if we trade a 2nd rounder back in? Who knows!!

What if you trade a 1st Rd pick back in? Hypothetical, trade a pick 3 for a player and pick 17. Would that equal out!

silvertiger said:
why not offer GWS 12,19 & 1st round 2016........also increase the offer by $100k per year. Our midfield needs big help.

What happens if he breaks down? (Nathen brown)
Way too much. Never ever give away 2 first rounders unless your getting Ablett or Carey.
Treloar is neither.

zippadeee said:
What happens if he breaks down? (Nathen brown)
Way too much. Never ever give away 2 first rounders unless your getting Ablett or Carey.
Treloar is neither.

We won't win a flag if we don't take risks..........Risk Management is the secret