Patrick Dangerfield | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Dangerfield

Should the Tigers trade Pick 4 for Patrick Dangerfield?

• Total voters
CC TIGER said:
Dosent the GC get first crack in that too

there's a thread in that somewhere. it is unclear. the afl website makes no mention of them having PSD picks. some writers reckon they do, but they are just as likely to be wrong as right. we prob wont know until the 1st pick is actually announced on draft day. what suspense that will be.

SCOOP said:
This is the classic PSD target. If we have cap room (which we do) we should be moving heaven and earth to get Dangerfield across via the PSD. Front end the deal and begin lobbying today. It is up to Hardwick, Cameron, Gale to be constantly selling the club and the vision to prospects in the marketplace, regardless of if they are corporates or players. The Crows are bottoming out at the worst time possible and are in for a few years of pain. I think they thought that a tilt at the 2010 flag would cover over some huge cracks. The tilt at the flag hasn't happened and those cracks are huge and everyone can see them. If you are ever going to go after a Dangerfield, this is the time and the PSD not pick 4 is the way to go about it.

Spot on, this kid is good and would be a great pick up for the right price.

mtench said:
Has nobody learned their lession here, NO TRADING EARLY PICKS! Trade players or/and late picks for him but not early ones. :police:

Pick 4 for Paddy is a steal. He is ready to go and basically going to be a star. Doesnt lack anything as a footballer.

Jason King said:
Pick 4 for Paddy is a steal. He is ready to go and basically going to be a star. Doesnt lack anything as a footballer.

Correct. Pick 4 for a 20 year old ready to make his mark against an unproven 18 year old with potential? No brainer.

mtench said:
Has nobody learned their lession here, NO TRADING EARLY PICKS! Trade players or/and late picks for him but not early ones. :police:

Totally agree. Trade pick 4 for an unproven player that has been in the system 3 or so years. There will be quality players at pick 4, maybe Gaff who is apparently killing it ATM. Pick our own, haven't we learnt, or do we want to stay a crap club.

Pick 25 possibly, but he is not worth pick 4. No quick fix or short cuts I believe Dimma is about. He wouldn't let this happen.

Trade pick 4 for an unproven player that has been in the system 3 or so years.

What I meant by this in my last post is that he is unproven because he has not performed consistently, for long enough, at the standard people believe he is.
He is a good player but not the absolute gun people are making him out to be.
In the cotchin thread (prior to the last 3 games), people were having second thought about the cotch, but I'd take Cotch over Dangerfield any day.

For our current list, and what we need, I'd go for an Andy Gaff over a Patrick Dangerfield.

But it is tempting.

Interesting trade Dangerfield for 4 would be.

Need to see how the top end players turn out by the end of the year at the draft, but definately thought provoking.

Dangerfield will be a star, & we'd have the toughest young midfield in the league adding him to Chimp & Martin.
Not to mention a big whack of skill.

Streak said:
I'd trade pick 4 for him in a heartbeat.

But he will not be available. I heard he was very happy at the Crows.
Young stars happy at current clubs
June 1, 2010 - 4:28PM

Two of the AFL's brightest young stars, Richmond's Dustin Martin and Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield, have declared they are happy at their current clubs despite the huge money on offer up north.

Adelaide's 20-year-old Dangerfield is also out of contract at season's end, but has declared his satisfaction with the Crows.

"I certainly have no plans on moving at all," Dangerfield said on Tuesday.

"That will take care of itself at the end of the year.

"The group that we have got here in Adelaide are a great group to be a part of, I totally enjoy the coaches and the work that they do with us.

"The culture we have got at the club is really strong and certainly enjoyable to be a part of, even though we're not playing the sort of footy we would like to at the moment."

link http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/young-stars-happy-at-current-clubs-20100601-wumc.html

Some people are dreaming, I think.

willo said:
Young stars happy at current clubs
June 1, 2010 - 4:28PM

Two of the AFL's brightest young stars, Richmond's Dustin Martin and Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield, have declared they are happy at their current clubs despite the huge money on offer up north.

Adelaide's 20-year-old Dangerfield is also out of contract at season's end, but has declared his satisfaction with the Crows.

"I certainly have no plans on moving at all," Dangerfield said on Tuesday.

"That will take care of itself at the end of the year.

"The group that we have got here in Adelaide are a great group to be a part of, I totally enjoy the coaches and the work that they do with us.

"The culture we have got at the club is really strong and certainly enjoyable to be a part of, even though we're not playing the sort of footy we would like to at the moment."

link http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/young-stars-happy-at-current-clubs-20100601-wumc.html

Some people are dreaming, I think.

Well I hadn't actually seen that, but I have a decent source of info on the Crows.

mtench said:

So no trading pick 4 next year for Scully?

shawry said:
Mark Ricciuto Mark II this bloke. Rate him highly. Can play midfield, forward. Has held off contract talks until end of year as well.
Agree Shawry. Mark Ricciuto clone. The Crows would do everything in their power to keep him there. But like others have said we have room in the cap and need to go hard at getting players like Dangerfield.

Another tread of people dreaming about things that will never happen.

There is no way Adelaide would give up Dangerfield, not even for Pick 4. He is rated as a potential captain at the Crows, they see him as a Mark Ricciuto replacment and is one of the few young guns they have on their list. With the retirement of Edwards, Goodwin and McLeod this year they are going to have plenty of salary cap room to offer him a juicy contract. The Crows also have a long history of avoiding trades (I think the Carey deal is the only one of any note), Neil Craig hates the trade week and nevers gets involved.

Pat would be missing the local barrells of Spots, Guvvies and Spout Creek. Moggs Creek is calling him home. He can go surfing with .... well lots of cat players and assistant coaches get waves ... I'm tipping Geelong first, but would love him at Tigerland. Pick 4, just compare what we have secured past BD, TC and DM in that range - it's a no brainer.. ;)