Patrick Dangerfield | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Patrick Dangerfield

Should the Tigers trade Pick 4 for Patrick Dangerfield?

• Total voters
Young gun. Best position is in the midfield IMO. Potential superstar, would trade pick 4 in a heartbeat. Would slot into the midfield nicely.

Big Cat Lover said:
Young gun. Best position is in the midfield IMO. Potential superstar, would trade pick 4 in a heartbeat. Would slot into the midfield nicely.
Agree

Is he the outside mid type that beavis said we're lacking ?

Baloo said:
Exactly what I was thinking, and he's holding off talks til the end of the year. It's a long shot, but you never know unless you throw your hat into the ring.

Baloo said:

Would think more inside Baloo, at least of what I've seen. Big body, bulldozer type similar to Martin. His kicking skills aren't as good as Martin's though.

Damn good player but I wouldn't pay Pick 4. How about our 2nd rounder and McMahon :hihi

Opulentus Tigris said:
Exactly what I was thinking, and he's holding off talks til the end of the year. It's a long shot, but you never know unless you throw your hat into the ring.
Gold Coast?

Baloo said:

I think he can play both roles - has genuine speed and his kicking is good. If he was avialable for Pick 4 we would be insane not to go after him.

TigerArmySoldier01 said:
Very good young player... but do we take him over a KPP player at pick 4???

Plus he has had a few injuries this year, id want a solid medical done!
He got his head driven into the ground by 3 Melbourne players. Hardly what I'd consider as being injury prone. A full medical would be prudent when drafting any player.

Has nobody learned their lession here, NO TRADING EARLY PICKS! Trade players or/and late picks for him but not early ones. :police:

mtench said:
Has nobody learned their lession here, NO TRADING EARLY PICKS! Trade players or/and late picks for him but not early ones. :police:

How old is Dangerfield? He just turned 20. It fit's perfectly with our developing list. In 2-3 years time (barring injury) we would have the best midfield in the comp.

The guy is a gun, unlikley to do better through the draft. If uninjured it's a no brainer.

Be very surprised if crows let him go.

Big Cat Lover said:

Totally agree. Known goal kicker also. Adelaide need more young talent but he could force their hand in some ways by refusing to sign. They arent going to get pick 4 from the GC as compensation for him. Mind you they need as many young guns as they can get, so losing one only to pick up one with 2 years less development probably won't appeal to them.
No harm in asking.
The next poll should be: Would you rather have Dangerfield or pick 4? Only two options. Mind you I think many would choose to keep pick 4 without taking everything into consideration.

This is the classic PSD target. If we have cap room (which we do) we should be moving heaven and earth to get Dangerfield across via the PSD. Front end the deal and begin lobbying today. It is up to Hardwick, Cameron, Gale to be constantly selling the club and the vision to prospects in the marketplace, regardless of if they are corporates or players. The Crows are bottoming out at the worst time possible and are in for a few years of pain. I think they thought that a tilt at the 2010 flag would cover over some huge cracks. The tilt at the flag hasn't happened and those cracks are huge and everyone can see them. If you are ever going to go after a Dangerfield, this is the time and the PSD not pick 4 is the way to go about it.

SCOOP said:
This is the classic PSD target. If we have cap room (which we do) we should be moving heaven and earth to get Dangerfield across via the PSD. Front end the deal and begin lobbying today. It is up to Hardwick, Cameron, Gale to be constantly selling the club and the vision to prospects in the marketplace, regardless of if they are corporates or players. The Crows are bottoming out at the worst time possible and are in for a few years of pain. I think they thought that a tilt at the 2010 flag would cover over some huge cracks. The tilt at the flag hasn't happened and those cracks are huge and everyone can see them. If you are ever going to go after a Dangerfield, this is the time and the PSD not pick 4 is the way to go about it.
Dosent the GC get first crack in that too

CC TIGER said:
Dosent the GC get first crack in that too

Probably. It seems the rule is written a little ambiguously and it's hard to know exactly what the deal is. But given all of their other concessions I would imagine the rule means they can sign whichever uncontracted player they want after the ND and before the PSD. Which would mean that only the dregs and left over kids from the ND make it to the PSD.