Other games: The finals series!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other games: The finals series!!

DirtyDogTiger said:
Footy pressure, and the demands, scrutiny, expectations.
IT Would give me anxiety.

I feel for buddy, and Clark.

you could argue both those two self-inflicted the pressure by chasing the mega $ and the expectations that come with that type of pay packet.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Hawks v WCE.

This is surely the game to watch.

If richmond can't play in the grand final, I hope it's one of these two clubs that knocks us out. They are honest, classy and good. I can't pick a winner.
Whoever wins goes favourites to be premiers in my opinion.
And if richmond are good enough to knock off North and most likely Sydney (and I think we are) then we'll meet the winner of this game in a preliminary final.

The loser is probably headed to WA to play Freo in the other prelim.
Your comment about if we can't make it you hope its one of Hawthorn or West Coast who take us out reminds me of a comment made by the great Jack Dyer back in '95. It was before the Geelong preliminary and he and Bob Davis did a thing out at Waverley. At the end of it Bob shook Jack's hand and said 'May the best team win.'
Jack responded with 'I don't care about the BEST team, I just want Richmond to win!'

CarnTheTiges said:
Your comment about if we can't make it you hope its one of Hawthorn or West Coast who take us out reminds me of a comment made by the great Jack Dyer back in '95. It was before the Geelong preliminary and he and Bob Davis did a thing out at Waverley. At the end of it Bob shook Jack's hand and said 'May the best team win.'
Jack responded with 'I don't care about the BEST team, I just want Richmond to win!'

Good old Jack. Bless him.

I agree with him. I hope we win it.

Talk/rumour of WC brownlow medallist a possible late withdrawal. Certainty may till the scale to Hawks midfield even with NicNat. Be a great gane. Conditions may suit the hard nosed and experience of the Hawks. Might be the close one.

Swans Vs Freo. Lots not giving the Swans a chance but I give them a sneaky chance of an upset.

The game if the round, score wise could be the Dogs vs Crows game. Could be a high scoring game. Soft spot for the Dogs considering lots of us , including me had them near the bottom after all their turmoil the off season and the Crows losing their coach have done a remarkable job not to fall away. I'm picking the Crows.

And all the way to the last game. Sunday. A long time to wait for ours vs North.

Their forward line worries me , especially if Goldstein gives his mids silver service . We need to get the match ups right and we will to support each other with the mids , ruck dropping back and helping out.
An open forward line for us, not allowing Hansen to drop off his man and take intercept /uncontested marks is also the key.
I don't know if I would risk Conca and or Griff. That goodness I'm not Dimma or a selector as to make the wrong/right call they will have to live by that /those decisions. I don't want Lennon or Lloyd to start as a sub, but I feel Newman will start and Lennon as sub as Lloyd has been sub last two. Could be wrong! Lowering our eyes and looking for the better option is going to be critical going I50 as will a good start and finish.

Also out of the two clubs, and it's my opinion, the pressure with be on the Tigers big time to get past this hurdle .

Can the coach and players cope with this pressure as Norths players will undoubtably mention this to our players if it doesn't go our way early, if we are behind and are missing shots on goals late.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow at the open training session.

Personally I see the Hawks win tonight. Pridus a possible out so there goes a lot of their grunt around the ball but despite this I see the Hawks being too strong even with him in the side. Will be interesting to see how Hodge goes about it early on.

Freo v Swans I see as being a tightish game but with Freo coming home with the choccies in that one.

Dogs v Crows I see being a blow out. It will be fairly even early but I just can't see the doggies going the distance in that one. After half time it could get ugly.

Now the Tiges v North. It will be very interesting. I don't see any major changes at all this week. I think we've been settled for a bit now and I just can't see Dimma being the coach he is doing anything dramatic. He's never been like that. I truly think we can absorb them early and run away with it later in the game. The boys will be hungry, very hungry and roo is on the menu this week. We will hunt and defeat them, causing their few fans many tears.

From an optimistic perspective, need the Hawks to win tonight so we get a home prelim.

Edit: as arlobill said above.

Want
1 Richmond
2 Freo
3 Hawks
4 who cares

No rain in the west as yet ... Hope it stays away off to see eagles hawks tonight then fly out tomorrow for the big one at the G

Ian4 said:
I think all RFC fans will be going for hawthorn tonight and Freo tomorrow, right?
I wouldnt mind playing Sydney with no Jack, Parker and Budwah

Ian4 said:
I think all RFC fans will be going for hawthorn tonight and Freo tomorrow, right?
True, this will be the best outcome for us. But I despise Hawthorn so much, can't bring myself to say, I'm going for them. All I hope is that they smash the *smile* out of each other and Hawthorn falls over the line by under a goal in a bruising in counter.

I must b the odd tiger out then, prefer haw to lose tonight, I'd rather not play them this finals series at all. Prefer wc, even in Perth.

The intensity of this game is a massive step up from regular season footy. It is already clear in the first 10 minutes. This is what concerns me about playing Conca coming back from a serious hammy and also Newman because he is too slow. Very worried these two could get found wanting.

On another note; see that dinky little rubbish kick in from Suckling which turned over for the first Eagles goal? Pathetic.

Suckling is a jib and the Eagles could easily expose him, and subsequently Hawthorn, in this game. Get him one out in the backline and he will lose nearly every contest.

Ridley said:
The intensity of this game is a massive step up from regular season footy. It is already clear in the first 10 minutes. This is what concerns me about playing Conca coming back from a serious hammy and also Newman because he is too slow. Very worried these two could get found wanting.

On another note; see that dinky little rubbish kick in from Suckling which turned over for the first Eagles goal? Pathetic.

Suckling is a jib and the Eagles could easily expose him, and subsequently Hawthorn, in this game. Get him one out in the backline and he will lose nearly every contest.

I agree, we cannot play both newman and conca ..surely ..to slow..and conca is hopeless at marking and kicking....we need a lively lloyd and lennon ....surelyn

Gee Yeo is a good player. Did I spell his name right?

Almost took a ripper mark. Didn't he play well against us too!