Other games: The finals series!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other games: The finals series!!

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
The other games

adelaide just lost to geelong and I was shocked.
I'd watched geelong over the last few weeks and I saw a club that might make the VAFA grand final, at best.
how bad were they?
The Saints nearly got them. Collingwood beat them. Collingwood's other victory of late was carlton.
Yep, that good.
Ok thty were sending off their grand final heroes at skilled park, but even so...

Well I hadn't done my homework on Adelaide.

Adelaide are frightening at home.
But away from Adelaide oval, find me a team that the crows have beaten, who aren't bottom 4.
Actually there is only one team they got over.
Collingwood.

Bulldogs to eliminate Adelaide on the MCG.

If there's a more suspect minor premier in the last 20 years than Fremantle: well there isn't one.
But half their team has just had a weekend off, and are welcoming Sydney over to Perth.
Sydney has four very good midfielders. Two of them, Rohan and Jack, won't be going to play Freo.
Buddy has a sore back.
If sydney had played port in r23, richmond would be Freos opponent.

Now Freo hasn't beaten a top 8 team in a long time, except for Richmond chucking it away on the MCG six weeks ago.
But I'm pretty sure they'll beat sydney at home this weekend.
Then they can have another week off and get ready for the prelim final.
But don't be surprised if that's Freo's last game.

Hawks v WCE.

This is surely the game to watch.

If richmond can't play in the grand final, I hope it's one of these two clubs that knocks us out. They are honest, classy and good. I can't pick a winner.
Whoever wins goes favourites to be premiers in my opinion.
And if richmond are good enough to knock off North and most likely Sydney (and I think we are) then we'll meet the winner of this game in a preliminary final.

The loser is probably headed to WA to play Freo in the other prelim.

DirtyDogTiger said:
But I'm pretty sure they'll beat sydney at home this weekend.
Then they can have another week off and get ready for the prelim final.
But don't be surprised if that's Freo's last game.
Not real sure of that being an ideal preparation for finals. Half of Freo's team might only play one game in a month, could leave them extremely flat n unprepared for that initial intensity of a prelim.
Play round 22 get a week off for round 23, then play a first final then another week off leading up to the prelim. Perhaps Wossy has totally outsmarted himself this time around.

TigerMasochist said:
Not real sure of that being an ideal preparation for finals. Half of Freo's team might only play one game in a month, could leave them extremely flat n unprepared for that initial intensity of a prelim.
Play round 22 get a week off for round 23, then play a first final then another week off leading up to the prelim. Perhaps Wossy has totally outsmarted himself this time around.

I completely agree with you

TigerMasochist said:

Freo did the same 2 years ago and beat Geelong in Geelong in the qualifying final. Then they played Sydney in the prelim and were big time ready for that game... they gave them an absolute spanking. They played that well that day that i thought they were a huge show to beat Hawthorn in the GF... they may well have too if they'd kicked straight

DirtyDogTiger said:
Bulldogs to eliminate Adelaide on the MCG.

Adelaide have done fantastically well playing on emotion this season - but appears they can't sustain it away. Good call D-Dog.

antman said:
Adelaide have done fantastically well playing on emotion this season - but appears they can't sustain it away. Good call D-Dog.
I think they feed on the crowd energy at home, take that away from them and they struggle.

CarnTheTiges said:
I think they feed on the crowd energy at home, take that away from them and they struggle.
That said, this isn't a normal away game. Tipping that there'll be a large travelling support. Hence why the AFL decided against playing at Etihad as they believed they wouldn't be able to fit them all in. Could be close to a 50/50 crowd. Or at least 60/40

Be great for us if Hawks can win on Friday night.....it means we meet them in the prelim rather than Eagles in Perth,,,
And we,d like freo to win....better to play sydney in Sydney than freo in Perth

Ian4 said:
Freo did the same 2 years ago and beat Geelong in Geelong in the qualifying final. Then they played Sydney in the prelim and were big time ready for that game... they gave them an absolute spanking. They played that well that day that i thought they were a huge show to beat Hawthorn in the GF... they may well have too if they'd kicked straight
Perhaps but a few of their best are a couple of years older or have had virtually no footy for quite some time. Pav, Sandi, McPharlin getting seriously old. Fyffe, Ballantyne injury issues n Crowley's still out. Heard that big Griffen bloke is also injured n Walters is another who's missed the last couple of games.
That's pretty patchy for a large core of their players plus others that were rested, could have a serious effect on the team.