Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Collingwood have delisted Nathan Krueger. I still think he’d be ok on the cheap. Especially if he was ever injury free….

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
The AFL banning players from it's own franchise for this boorish behaviour is fab.

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Not the actual acts they were sanctioned for but whether it is something that should be in the AFL jurisdiction.

Is an end of season event something that the AFL should have any involvement with?

I don’t know tbh.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not sure how I feel about this. Not the actual acts they were sanctioned for but whether it is something that should be in the AFL jurisdiction.

Is an end of season event something that the AFL should have any involvement with?

I don’t know tbh.
Dane Swan on Xwitter says it was a private event but the 'bartender' must have complained.

Not sure if the punishments are warranted, but just because it was a "private event" doesnt mean that the staff didn't witness it or weren't affected by it.

Just because you are paid $25 an hour to work at a private event doesn't mean you have to cop whatever is going on.

I don’t know tbh.
As the daughter said earlier this evening. If a bunch of employees did this stuff at a work Xmas function they'd be sacked, no argument. This was in the later hours of the clubs end of season break up, staff and management attended earlier n then the stayers fired up after the chiefs had gone. It was still under the auspices of an AFL club function.

Reactions: 4 users
Not sure if the punishments are warranted, but just because it was a "private event" doesnt mean that the staff didn't witness it or weren't affected by it.

Just because you are paid $25 an hour to work at a private event doesn't mean you have to cop whatever is going on.
Not sure how true this is, but there was a report that the bartender who reported it was not present at the event, but saw it on cctv.

Greene said on Thursday evening: “Firstly, I would like to apologise for the events that occurred. As a leader of the club and captain of the team, I am embarrassed that we are in this situation and that I failed to uphold my responsibilities as a leader to prevent it. I am disappointed I did not adequately process the situation, and intervene, in the moment.

“Some of the costumes and skits that took place are unbecoming and contrary to the values of our club and standards we expect of the playing group. I understand that as leaders we need to learn from this situation and ensure it never happens again.”

Yep that sounds like Toby Greene

Reactions: 1 user
Greene said on Thursday evening: “Firstly, I would like to apologise for the events that occurred. As a leader of the club and captain of the team, I am embarrassed that we are in this situation and that I failed to uphold my responsibilities as a leader to prevent it. I am disappointed I did not adequately process the situation, and intervene, in the moment.

“Some of the costumes and skits that took place are unbecoming and contrary to the values of our club and standards we expect of the playing group. I understand that as leaders we need to learn from this situation and ensure it never happens again.”

Yep that sounds like Toby Greene
Standard scripted response that all clubs have a big file of hidden down the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet, just for moments like these.

Could you imagine the response without a script. Yeah, nah. *smile* it, the boys was just havin a larf at the end of season *smile* up. Nuffin to get all rancid n pissed off about.

I wonder what the 9/11 one was all about. Dunno how they think up this rubbish.
The theme was troubled partners. Bartel and another player turned up to their Mad Monday celebrations as Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda schoolgirl years ago and everyone laughed it off. I know, different times, but because it’s Geelong that’s all just good fun.

Mitch Duncan was the player dressed as Nixon - still on Gelong's list. Will he now be sanctioned too?

I guess the next step for these Wacky Mad days is to have them at a players house so no petal (who apparently wasn’t even there at the time but saw it on cctv ) will have to endure such horror.

• Wow
I guess the next step for these Wacky Mad days is to have them at a players house so no petal (who apparently wasn’t even there at the time but saw it on cctv ) will have to endure such horror.
Yeah, i mean if you cant make fun of sexual assaults at an end-of-season *smile* up, when can you?