Only 3 Teams Can Win the 2015 Premiership (Haw/Syd/Port). Agree or Disagree? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Only 3 Teams Can Win the 2015 Premiership (Haw/Syd/Port). Agree or Disagree?

I would add Geelong into the mix. Sick of them and the Hawks having all the success but I reckon they will push back up again this year. Mitch Clark for next to nothing will be a big plus for them.

saigon tiger said:
I would add Geelong into the mix. Sick of them and the Hawks having all the success but I reckon they will push back up again this year. Mitch Clark for next to nothing will be a big plus for them.
Agree

saigon tiger said:

i know this contradicts my argument a little bit but i reckon Geelong will be big sliders this year. i know people have predicted this for the past few years, but going out in straight sets last year makes me think the writing is (finally) on the wall. they still might make the 8 given their home ground advantage, but i reckon pound for pound we have them covered. i'm gonna miss the Geelong game on May 2 due to a christening and i'm a little bit annoyed knowing i won't be there when we beat them for the first time in 9 years.

and lol at mitch clark. one good preseason game and apparently he's over his health and injury issues. :rofl

Tigers of Old said:
So it's gone from 100% clear cut to almost certain? ;D

:ner

If Hawthorn do win it, then the AFL have a BIG problem as it will mean their equalization is worse than it's ever been - even worse than in the 70s and 80s.
Three-peats are as rare as hen's teeth. Brisbane's was the first since Melbourne in 1955-56-57 (the fact that it was Melbourne alone tells you how long ago it was).

They could start with offloading free-agency and then doubling up on the pointy end of the draft.

saigon tiger said:

I also think Geelong will take a tumble. They'll scrape into the eight at best. But Father Time will finally put paid to the Hawks and Freo as GF regulars too. Tiges / North / Port / Sydney and Adelaide are all in the running for GF spot.

2015 will see the emergence of new contenders!

OK.

Of the 9 finals last year, 6 were contests, the other 3 were blowouts with uncannily similar scorelines.

I'm tipping the 3 sides on the receiving end to rebound strongly and contend: North, Richmond, Sydney

Wouldn't it be boring and just about kill the game if one of the three bandwagon teams wins it as Ian 4 has suggested.

Over the campaigners.

Time for a real team.

Tiges!

It looks daunting but way too early to tell.
Just about any one can beat their opposition on a given day, particularly if there're not switched on.
Just need to make Top 4 and you are a chance. That and injuries play a massive part.

What is the difference between us and the Hawks as far as "real" and "campaigners" go smash? Seems to me both teams are similar only one has done things far better than the other unfortunately.

Born_a_Tiger78 said:
Disagree.

Only one team can win the 2015 premiership.
This is really pushing the envelope - but what's the provision after a drawn replayed GF?
Presumably extra time?
And what about if the scores are level at the end of that?
Presumably more extra time?
And what about if ....... (you see where I'm going!)
Does it ever get to a first score wins scenario?
Or ...... is there a theoretical scenario where the 2 teams could share it?

Ian4 said:
this issue has been on my mind for a couple of months... I've been waiting for the right thread or right moment to raise it, but in the end, I thought 'bugger this' and decided to start a new thread.

2 weeks out from round 1, I am 100% convinced there are only 3 teams that can win it (Hawthorn, Sydney and Port). I don't give any team outside of those 3 any chance whatsoever. I find this extremely concerning and is more evidence that the league's policies aren't working.

do you agree or disagree? if you give disagree, please state which team/s outside of these 3 can win it and provide a supporting statement as to why you think they can.

cheers.
Is that you Greg Denham?

We all have opinions on what will happen before a season starts and thankfully things change in footy. Teams do actually rise up and down the ladder.

I actually have a contrarian view this year. I think a few teams will struggle but that there are 13-14 legitimately decent teams and that this year is going to be very even and a year of surprises. Because of that my feeling is that there may be a team or two right in it at the pointy end who we don't expect ( hopefully us ;D ) .

I also don't share the conventional view that seems to be that Port Adelaide are some sort of top 4 certainty. They play a style that is very difficult to maintain for a whole season and they fell away quite badly for 6-8 weeks in 2014 mid season and ended up winning the same number of games in the home and away season as Richmond did in 2013. They had a great final series but in reality you have to be top 4 to win a flag and I am not sure they will finish there to be honest.

I reckon this is going to be a very closely fought season, far closer than is expected.

I'm with you that Port won't be the world beaters everyone thinks they will be. 6-9 for mine.

How ACTUALLY good you are, the draw, injuries and some good luck will help.

Then finish top four of course.

Then of course dodge the steroids, the punt, the twitter, the school girls, the drugs and the bikies.

But most likely Hawks vs swans again.

Though most footy journos will be backing some stupid West Coast vs North crap like they always do.

Disagree I'm tipping all 3 to miss granny as all lack depth outside top bracket gellong and roos to make it crows to be the smokeies

scooty said:
Disagree I'm tipping all 3 to miss granny as all lack depth outside top bracket gellong and roos to make it crows to be the smokeies

bugger. i was hoping all 3 would miss and geelong and the roos would make it. no chance now.

As usual the Hawks and Swans are a shoe in again for the finals...year in and year out. According to Mick Malted Milk, Carlton will also make it.

Of the others, anyone's guess. Most likely are Collingwood...they believe in themselves every year, Port Adelaide, Geelong again, Essendon reckon they can make it, specially if no suspensions.

That leaves one spot up for grabs.

North, GC Tigers, WC will all be vying for that spot, as well as who knows who at this stage.