Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

These comparisons to a "young Alex Rance" are making me laugh. My memories of a young Alex Rance are more of recklessly crashing into packs injuring himself. Rance matured significantly before he became the player we remember fondly.

Reactions: 3 users
These comparisons to a "young Alex Rance" are making me laugh. My memories of a young Alex Rance are more of recklessly crashing into packs injuring himself. Rance matured significantly before he became the player we remember fondly.
Alex who ;)

Reactions: 1 user
One area I think Balta is better than Rance is at holding his ground one on one. Opponent just can't push him out of the way when ball comes down.

Reactions: 1 users

Yeah, Rance has him for courage (stupidity?) and absolute desire. His competitiveness was the best I've seen.

Balta has Rance covered for athleticism. Probably kicking too.

Both can make mistakes when trying too much.

If Balta can get to 70% of Rance's desire and competitiveness, he can be as good IMO

Yeah, Rance has him for courage (stupidity?) and absolute desire. His competitiveness was the best I've seen.

If Balta can get to 70% of Rance's desire and competitiveness, he can be as good IMO
Rance agility/change of direction was amazing, Balta a different sort of athlete, more raw power and probably more top end speed.

Balta is an exciting player, his overhead stuff has improved out of sight. Is this Leppa again?

Reactions: 2 users
Rance agility/change of direction was amazing, Balta a different sort of athlete, more raw power and probably more top end speed.

Balta is an exciting player, his overhead stuff has improved out of sight. Is this Leppa again?

You mean Leppa the king maker?

One area I think Balta is better than Rance is at holding his ground one on one. Opponent just can't push him out of the way when ball comes down.

Yes it's noticeable and impressive for such a young player. Not intimidated either.

Highlight of the year for me , if he can continue this form we can build a back half around him, so hard to find A grade key defenders

Balta's ceiling is through the roof, 20 years old and only 18 games wow!!!

Balta's ceiling is through the roof, 20 years old and only 18 games wow!!!

It would be nearly impossible to paint that ceiling.
I just wished when he hit the def 50 arch he would unleash a bomb into our forward 50.
That's one weapon he hasn't really been using.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Noahs overhead contested game is jeremy mcgovern like.

It was his defining feature as a junior imo.

Lets be honest, noone will be the player rancelot was

But Notorius is gonna be a very good player.

Leppa - the key back whisperer

Yep. Rance credits Leppa for teaching him how to play. We've still got Leppa around and Leppa is more experienced now. Balta also has Big Ivan looking over him which should instil the right work ethic.