Much maligned Dean Polo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Much maligned Dean Polo

shawry said:
was disturbed during the week to hear from someone that Polo and three other players hate Richmond and only stay as they dont think they will get a game anywhere else.

Big call Shawry - that would be pretty damning if true.

shawry said:
I really like Polo and think he shows something however was disturbed during the week to hear from someone that Polo and three other players hate Richmond and only stay as they dont think they will get a game anywhere else. Hopefully our club can change this feeling in our players for the future with the new culture our hierarchy are trying to implement.
That seems unlikely. If they don't think they'd get a game somewhere else, then why wouldn't they be trying their best to improve?

shawry said:
I really like Polo and think he shows something however was disturbed during the week to hear from someone that Polo and three other players hate Richmond and only stay as they dont think they will get a game anywhere else. Hopefully our club can change this feeling in our players for the future with the new culture our hierarchy are trying to implement.

Although a rumour, (lets say its true) then the players pretty well answers their own concerns. If they can't get a game elsewhere then they are really not up to playing AFL footy. Why is the club at fault? They need to address their performances, instill some trust in what they are being told, and put the hard yards in to get even fitter, bulkier and improve their skills. They are the front line troops, and what they do not only affects them, but the club & supporters as a whole.

They need to take a step back, look and get a grip on reality of the huge task ahead to correct past mistakes to get this club back to being a power house again. They want to be a part of it then the work needs to be done.

If the rumour is not true, then what Ive said doesn't apply. ;D

shawry said:

What is it about Richmond they hated?

Good game from Dean but I fear the Video Review Police will give him a rest for a week or 2.
He gave Chapman a love tap in the guts behind play which put Chappy down for a minute or so.
He hit him harder than Mundine hits his opponents.
I can't blame him though. He was getting angry with our cr*p effort and when he found himself playing on Mooney he was entitled to ask WTF is going on here?

Tigers of Old said:
Was ok. Just a player and at this point you'd hope for more but he's better than many.

Unfortunately ToO I'm afraid to say that Polo has reached his peak, this will be his maximum output.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Unfortunately ToO I'm afraid to say that Polo has reached his peak, this will be his maximum output.

Based on what? Mere speculation. This year has been interupted start. I'd started to write him off prior to 09 but he was a rare case of dramatic player improvement, and when you consider the context of the season it happened in, I give him big Kudos for it and see no reason why he can't continue to improve.

tigersnake said:
Based on what? Mere speculation. This year has been interupted start. I'd started to write him off prior to 09 but he was a rare case of dramatic player improvement, and when you consider the context of the season it happened in, I give him big Kudos for it and see no reason why he can't continue to improve.

I have followed Polo from his days back in Coburg 2nds to this very day. My opinion with POLO is WYSWYG. If he continues to improves from this point on then that'll be great for the team, but I can't see any more tricks up Polo's sleeves.

This isn't a knock on Polo, just my observation.

Though he was extremely unlucky when Champman went down like a sack of sh!t after Dean pushed off his chest.
Chappo milked that for all it was worth, sucked in the ump and after a near immediate recovery had a wry grin on his face when he was awarded the free kick.
No room for that type of fakery in our game and should have been sighted.

Tigers of Old said:
Though he was extremely unlucky when Champman went down like a sack of sh!t after Dean pushed off his chest.
Chappo milked that for all it was worth, sucked in the ump and after a near immediate recovery had a wry grin on his face when he was awarded the free kick.

you have to put on a real show these days like Chapman did when you are acting - otherwise you will be sent to the tribunal

super_coach said:
you have to put on a real show these days like Chapman did when you are acting - otherwise you will be sent to the tribunal

That's the problem isn't it. Still a very grey area that some will look to take advantage of.
I'm near certain Chapman's reaction was way OTT.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I have followed Polo from his days back in Coburg 2nds to this very day. My opinion with POLO is WYSWYG. If he continues to improves from this point on then that'll be great for the team, but I can't see any more tricks up Polo's sleeves.

This isn't a knock on Polo, just my observation.

Fair enough GpB. I don't see him becoming a star, but I won't rule it out yet, I see him becoming a solid footsoldier, which every side needs.

Tigers of Old said:

Contact between Richmond’s Dean Polo and the Geelong Cats' Paul Chapman from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel that Polo vigorously pushed Chapman, but it was not considered to be a striking motion. No further action was taken.

Phar Ace said:
Contact between Richmond’s Dean Polo and the Geelong Cats' Paul Chapman from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel that Polo vigorously pushed Chapman, but it was not considered to be a striking motion. No further action was taken.

lol it's Chapman who should be facing the bloody tribunal. :pop